BJ74 low idle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My BJ74 auto is idling a bit lower then usual should I be worried ? Car usually idles at 800rpms it is around 500-600rpms now

Have you touched the hand throttle on the dash? 800 rpms with aircon on or off?

On mine, the idle set screw has never been adjusted and the hand throttle alone maintains idle speed.
Now and again I have to reset the hand throttle if it backs itself off.

On mine, the idle set screw has never been adjusted and the hand throttle alone maintains idle speed.
Now and again I have to reset the hand throttle if it backs itself off.
After the car runs for a while it goes back up to 800rpm idle. I’ll have to check that screw out where is it located ?

When mine is warm it blarps along at about 650rpm idle. It runs rough when it's cold so I also just use the cable until it's fully warmed up and is ready to not act like a dick at low idle.

When I had everything rebuilt, IP/injectors they set the idle to 650. That said every first cold start requires bumping the throttle cable a bit until it's a little warm. Once warm it idles at 650 normal. Everyone who has a 13BT seems to say the same thing, they all require messing with that throttle cable a little and that the idle screw on the pump doesn't even reach on most of them.

My idle comes up as the engine warms up. I wind the hand throttle out a bit for the cold-start and back it off when the engine warms up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom