1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bj70 leaf springs?

Discussion in '70-Series Tech' started by bj70cruzer, Apr 20, 2017.

1. bj70cruzer

bj70cruzer

Hi i am in australia and have a 1985 bj70 with leave springs all around.

i want to buy a 2 inch lift kit for it but the problem is not many people have a listing of the vehicle as its quite rare in australia.

so after abit of research people say that you use bj60 rear leaves and hzj75 front leaves does this sound correct? also theres are pre and post 1985 bj60 rear leave. which one do i use? whats the difference?

if this is correct do i use all 70 series shock absorbers front and rear or 70 series front and 60 series rear shocks?

also do the shackles swap over from the 60 series to the 70 series? so either one should work?

Thanks sorry for all the questions but even the suspension experts are unsure of what fits my vehicle.

2. coldtaco

coldtaco

all the new suspension kits we get here in N. America come from AU. OME is one example. Maybe someone will chime in with part numbers.

3. reevesci

reevesci Enabler Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    I sent you a PM, but Tough Dog in Blacktown, NSW has everything in stock for your 70.

J

4. roscoFJ73

roscoFJ73

Media:
    Albums:
    Find a shop that knows what they are talking about, preferably one where the shop staff are actually into 4wds.
    I'm pretty sure the BJ70 uses the same kit as a 73/74 series.
    And yes, any rear springs from a 60 series will fit the rear and the fronts are the same as a 75 series.

5. chappohj47

chappohj47 Chappo Built SILVER Star

Bj70 is not rare just call a couple of places or eBay it

6. bj70cruzer

bj70cruzer

I was looking at getting efs leaves as i have heard good reviews on them but im not getting much help from there staff as they have never heard of a bj70...

But i will definitely be looking at the tough dog stuff that reevesci has mentioned off.

7. roscoFJ73

roscoFJ73

Media:
    Albums:
    Dobinsons Springs , Old Man Emu and many others sell them. If the concept of a BJ70 is too much for them, I doubt they know much about Landcruisers. In any case, a simple google search provides ample pics and information.
    I had this problem with my FJ73 with people saying no such vehicles exists. Some of them kept saying it must be a Bundeera.
    Show them the Dobinsons 70 series catalogue
    https://www.dobinsonsprings.com/index.php/toyota-4x4-suspension/toy-57/download
    You can see they use the front springs off a 75 series and the rears off a 60 series and the specs are the same for a BJ73/BJ74

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    David Otero likes this.
Tags: