BJ60 Dash light bulb replacements possible? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
bad-bad-monkey.spaces.live.com
I have a boat load of questions, and so far everyone has been really helpful. Here is a rather small one that may be an issue.

Is it possible to replace whatever lighbulb is in the dash that lights it up? My dash is really, really dim, and I'd like to brighten it up if possible.

Thank you.

archaeology_student said:
I have a boat load of questions, and so far everyone has been really helpful. Here is a rather small one that may be an issue.

Is it possible to replace whatever lighbulb is in the dash that lights it up? My dash is really, really dim, and I'd like to brighten it up if possible.

Thank you.

1st make sure the dimmer switch for the dash lights is all the way up. It is a knob on the left side of the cluster.

If it is, then you may have burnt out bulbs, which can be accessed by taking out the cluster. Check out the FAQ for bulb numbers.

hth's

gb

Bulbs can get really dim when they are very old. If you want them bright, then one thing you can do is pull out your dash cluster and replace all of the dash lights with new ones and leave the green plastic condom looking thing off of the bulbs. Your cluster lights won't be green but they will be a heck of a lot brighter.

If you want to deal with parts guys who know Cruisers and won't give you a blank stare when you ask for a part...the guys at JP Toyota are the ones to see. Ask for Gord or Dan.

You can buy dash light every where... just look at the # on them.

Before I send my 1st Corolla to the junk yard I remove several part on it. The light I pick on was put in my Cruiser dash.... and the light from my Corolla was buy a Canadian Tire.

Anyone have a green "condom" for my Isspro boost gauge light? I LIKE dim cluster lights. I find them much less blinding in the dark.

cruiser_guy said:
Anyone have a green "condom" for my Isspro boost gauge light? I LIKE dim cluster lights. I find them much less blinding in the dark.
It may pay to fit a dimmer or connect it to the existing dimmer. My gauges were far too bright so I fitted the green condoms and they are still too bright then doubled up on the condoms. LOL.:eek: On the 75 the rear vision mirror picks the reflection up off the back window of the cab making it worse.:mad: The condoms are available here in green or blue I would expect you guys would have a better range available. A mate sent me green bulbs [no condoms] for the dash lights from the U.S.A. as I could not source them here in the north.
Picswithkirk5-5-06479.jpg

cruiser_guy said:

Charles:

I just bought a 12V equivalent to those peanut light bulbs at Toyota, slipped off the green condom and fitted them on to the 24V bulb that I use in my ISSPRO gauges.

You can also paint the bulbs with a green nail polish if you like...

bigbrowndog said:
It may pay to fit a dimmer or connect it to the existing dimmer.

It's already done that way but I still find the boost gauge too bright.

Stone said:
I just bought a 12V equivalent to those peanut light bulbs at Toyota, slipped off the green condom and fitted them on to the 24V bulb that I use in my ISSPRO gauges.

Gord at JP got them for you?

cruiser_guy said:
It's already done that way but I still find the boost gauge too bright.

My dimmer [stock Toyota] can turn them down until they are not showing.If its not faulty it may be connected wrong.:cheers:

cruiser_guy said:

Yup...in fact Gord just gave me a behind the scenes tour of JP's huge new dealership in their new automall in Surrey...WOW!!! That place is awesome...it's got its own state-of-the-art movie theater, cafe, huge shops, etc. etc. He's got lots and lots of bulbs and whatever else on shelves, and I made sure there were a good selection of 24V bulbs in that collection. ;)

bigbrowndog said:
My dimmer [stock Toyota] can turn them down until they are not showing.If its not faulty it may be connected wrong.:cheers:

The stock dimmer works great but because the boost gauge is the ONLY gauge without the green "condom" it's excessively bright.

Stone said:
Yup...in fact Gord just gave me a behind the scenes tour of JP's huge new dealership in their new automall in Surrey...WOW!!! That place is awesome...it's got its own state-of-the-art movie theater, cafe, huge shops, etc. etc. He's got lots and lots of bulbs and whatever else on shelves, and I made sure there were a good selection of 24V bulbs in that collection. ;)

They FINALLY moved in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom