BIOR interest? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

92LXAZ

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm looking at ordering a bumper from Mike at Bump It Off Road. Still need final approval from the boss so this is sort of a feeler. Anyone else thinking about ordering anything from him? Looking at some savings on the shipping if there is interest. He is at about a 12 week lead time currently.

Thanks.
Trent

Mike is a great guy to deal with as I did business with him a few years ago as well as a few others. He makes a very good product.

I got the go ahead so I'll wait a bit before ordering to allow time for some interest to be generated.

I have a few emails into Mike myself for a new rear bumper. This is shaping up nicely. He had told me that the lead time was about 3 months (for my fj55 bumper that is) but he is planning on coming to the valley in November or December and could bring it with. Perhaps three bumpers would speed up the timeline. I'm ready to order it. Thanks @92LXAZ for reaching out to the group.

@Hank Tank That is good to hear, thanks. I'm ready as well. PM inbound.

@medtro What do you think Jackson, does that time line work for you?

Last edited:
I might be able to join you guys. It depends on what happens with my insurance situation this week (after getting rear ended on Sunday).

I might be able to join you guys. It depends on what happens with my insurance situation this week (after getting rear ended on Sunday).
Sounds good!!

I'm interested pending the type of deal we can get.

There's a mix of what could be ordered. Are you interested in front or rear for your 100? I'm in for an 80 tube front bumper. @Hank Tank possibly for a rear on his FJ55. @medtro possibly a rear for his 100 I think and @Clunky a rear for his 100. I'm the odd ball so far.

Mike had mentioned to me that due the size and weight, the bumpers ship out on big pallets and then we need to pick up them at some depot. Perhaps the shipping can be cheaper if we can get one big pallet that ships all of our bumpers. I mentioned to Trent that when I spoke to Mike a month ago, he shared that he does come down to the Valley pretty often to visit family. If we were patient, maybe he'd make a trip down to deliver 3-4 bumpers and we could avoid shipping all together.

Just to throw another option on the table. I'd be interested in some step sliders for my 100, depending on the price.

@Otter Excellent! You might be in my same boat ordering something different. I'm not expecting a discount on my bumper itself, savings on shipping is my goal. I'd be prepared with the pricing on his website and we'll just have to see. He may but I don't want to assume anything.

I really like where the list is going. Will be great giving a guy like Mike our business.

Last edited:
To add, I'm going to give Mike a call on Monday so hopefully I'll have some info for you guys on what he can do if anything. I'll get payment requirements as well so if the info is to your liking it can be submitted to him. Also will feel him out on shipping and/or delivery options.

@Otter Excellent! You might be in my same boat ordering something different. I'm not expecting a discount on my bumper itself, savings on shipping is my goal. I'd be prepared with the pricing on his website and we'll just have to see. He may but I don't want to assume anything.

I really like where the list is going. Will be great giving a guy like Mike our business.

Saving shipping costs would be enough to get me on board.

Ok Mike is Awesome. He sent me an email so figured I'd give him a try on the phone. He answers and it's 6:00 his time.

So here's the scoop. Two conversations to cover because of the diversity of the items.

For myself, @Hank Tank (as he already knows) and @Otter the savings would come from any shipping arrangements once the order is complete. He really doesn't have any room for single piece discounts which I pretty much figured and understand.

Now for the rear bumper guys. For him to be able to offer a discount he would need a minimum qty of six (6). With that he would offer a 10% discount. For this group buy has to be for 100 series as that's whose shown interest, can't mix in an 80 rear as production is different obviously. Probably common sense but wanted to be clear with everything. The discount would be for the finished piece on what your needs/wants are for your specific setup, one swing out, dual swing outs, ladder, plain, etc. and whatever other option you can dream up for him. The discount would be applied before powder coating if you had him do it. He basically charges his cost for that so there is no discount on it. Still a good savings, especially combined with the possibility of him delivering in December if you don't mind the wait. His price on a base bumper is amazing IMO. Has me thinking now for our 100. With 10% discount it's $810 for a base, bare metal rear with the possibility of delivery!!! That's a steal for the quality product he produces.

He doesn't require payment until complete. Personally I'll probably pay now using Paypal financing. Gives me 6 months to slowly pay, plus it'll give him some piece of mind.

So with that said hypothetically need three (3) more 100 series rear bumper commitments...possibly two as I ponder it.

I hope all of that makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.

Trent

Last edited:
I assume carrier arms and accessories can be added later if I just get the base bumper now, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom