Biggest tires on a stock 2014 fj (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, my name is Stan and I'm new in fj community. I have a 2014 base model 4x4 fj and wanna get rid of my stock tires. I have in mind Dic k Cepek Fun Country 285/70-17 and plan on getting also new rims 17x9 with -12mm offset and 4.5" backspace. I would really appreciate if somebody would tell me if these tires are gonna rub. Forgot to mention that it's all stock, no lift. Thank you guys.

I think I remember reading on the blue fj cruiser forum that people run 285s on stock height with rub at full turn but since your changing wheels it will be different. I would look there to see as every tire brand has a slightly different measurements and are not true to the size (ie a BFg 285 will be alittle different from a super swamper 285)
That site only has fjcs so it's possible someone is running the exact setup you are wondering will fit.

...via IH8MUD app

I guess I'll just stick with the original size. I've got just one simple question, If I do keep the 265/70R17 size what kind of rims do I have to get to have my tires stick out about 1.5" or at least an inch? Will I still have to worry about tires rubbing against the body mount?

You can push the tire out by changing the rim off-set but, yes, you will run the risk of rubbing the body mount.

The best tire option IMHO is 255/85/16, its a true 33" tire and fits without rubbing the body mount...

Will a leveling kit allow me to put 285/70R17 tires without rubbing? Also planning on getting rims with a negative offset to stick them out about an inch and a half. If the kit will cure the rubbing can someone provide me with some leveling kits for a decent budget?

Last weekend I had 5 Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx 255/80R17 installed on my stock FJ. No rub, no modifications, maybe a little skinny, and right at 33". The ride around town isn't noticeably noisier, but I am feeling a little vibration in the steering wheel around 60 mph. Taking it in today for an alignment, and to recheck the balance.

10625137_708626785892801_1713496603319219130_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom