BIg Bend MLK January 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I dig the railroad track pics. They remind me of my favorite Rodrigue Blue Dog print titled "Destination Anywhere":

tracks.jpg

tracks1.jpeg

destinationanywhere.jpg

I, too, wish I had made this trip.

Mark it down for next year and c'mon. Way early and haven't even started planning yet, but on the radar for next year is Canyonlands area.

This is one of my favorite shots that Nolen grabbed. It was taken on the long trek out of the state park (and about 5 miles before we crossed the RR tacks). I love the scribble that tells you how far away the pavement is:

IMG_4257-X2-S.jpg

I also like it because it tells you how to get to Pedro's house.

JT dropping in the Blue Dog reference. Awesome. Have never seen that one. Need to rob a bank so I can scoop one up.

Trip was outstanding for sure. Look forward to making trips out to some other awesome places. Would like to make at least one big trip like this each year.

Been thinking hard about a New Mexico overland and caving trip. Anyone else interested?

I am. I like the distance. Kid tip?

Can it be done in June or too hot?

June..hmmm.

I think Bailey would do good in the caves but Ardenne would be too claustrophobic and would sit at the entrance reading a book.

Bailey's drawing that she did while running down the washboard roads. She even signed it using her initials in rocks at the bottom. It is a view of Nolen, Ardenne, Andy and Patrick from the viewpoint we had whilst sneaking into Mexico.

20160129_231423.jpg

A closeup per Bailey of Nolen taking pictures, Andy throwing rocks into Mexico, Ardenne watching us and Patrick looking for a knife to buy.

20160129_231359.jpg

Last edited:
Cooking some more of the hot German sausage that we had on the teip. Good memories.

I found my little JVC handheld (go-pro knock off) in my glove box as we were driving on the road to nowhere and grabbed a few shots. Not the most amazing video, but maybe it will give you some additional perspective on what it was like to drive this awesome trail and just how far in the middle of nowhere it truly is. If nothing else, enjoy a good traveling song by Greensky Bluegrass:

@wngrog @ntsaint @Fireman

Last edited:
Is the 2nd shot where we saw the badger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom