Big Bear Camping / Recovery Safety - July 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Which winch would a witch use which could winch a witch's... Jeep?

The correct answer of course is a winch attached to a Land Cruiser! And as part of this trip, we'll learn all about proper usage and safety. For some of us it may be the first time working with the equipment and for others, perhaps a long needed refresher. We'll also learn about the proper use of the other gear that we drag out with us in case we find ourselves in a jam.

And of course, after we've had our fill of recovery practice we'll find some great trails to explore.

Dates: July 22-24 (Friday after work through Sunday)

Facility Details - HEART BAR CAMPGROUND, CA - Recreation.gov

They don't have a group camp so if you're interested in going, you'll need to take care of reserving your own spot. I've reserved Site 028 on the Grinnell Peak loop so any spots near there would keep our group together.

Last edited:
That sounds like fun, and Heart Bar is a nice CG. You can make a run out to Coon Creek at the end of the road to see the view, and there is a nice loop trail out that way. But I will be responding to the call of the Rockies and should be back in Montana by then. So I recommend this trip and hope you all have a great time.

I haven't been to BB in years.

I need to get a few things dialed in but would love to come on this! Is anyone interested in doing a wrenching day? I need to seal a few things to make sure I am dry on the trail!

big bear is my playground. I know a good set of trails near heart bar. consulting the war dept now on wether or not i can go.

Am also consulting war department. I also need a wrench day to prep.

I am officiating a wedding the 23rd, so i cant go. Wrench day june18?

it is looking like we can make it.

check out heartbreak ridge, cool trail by heartbar road.

We will be trying to make it as we come back that day from vacation. We have a sight planned and paid for already. Anyone out there done a rear main seal before and have the insight on fixing it??? Thanks!

Jeff

Just reserved site 33.

Looking forward to this trip. For those with kids, what toys are you bringing? I am thinking of their bikes, digging toys, stuff like that.

Just checking to see if we can get a quick roll call as to who is going? I just got the AC topped off and Friday off of work so I am taking the family regardless.

- Frank (Elripster)
- SoCalDesertCruiser
- Lucadiacruiser
- Cruiser Bauers

Last edited:
I'm tentative -still unpacking from Wyoming - I didn't reserve a site so if I make it up I'll be yellow posting it by Coon Creek.

Looking forward to this trip. For those with kids, what toys are you bringing?
Yeah, I'm thinking a bike and various playthings. My kids are all about matchbox cars so we'll probably bring a truckload with us.

Just checking to see if we can get a quick roll call as to who is going?
We're definitely in. :beer:

Jeff and Farrah (@Cruiser Bauers) may be bringing their new 80. They will be returning from Europe the day before however so taking that into account, don't know when they will show. I've also got a friend in a Jeep that should be coming out on Friday. I figured I'd bring them along so we can have someone to "recover." :grinpimp:

I was going to say the same regarding sites, plenty of room in ours.

We are planning on making it... Leave the same time you leave Milo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom