Bi-fold Door Vertical Seals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ironpig4x4

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi All,

The EPDM extruder is working on a shop drawing and should be sending the shop drawing and original seal to me by the end of the week. Hopefully I'll have a drawing and some pricing to post here sometime next week. Supposed to get a sample 2 weeks after approval of the shop drawing.

Jason

The horizontal ones are great! Can't wait to get the verticals, then it's on to a full weatherstripping rehab just in time for the winter.

Thanks for picking up the ball and running with it!

In line for a set of verticals.

I'm glad you are happy with the seals. I'm supposed to get a shop drawing faxed to me tomorrow. Hope to post it on the vertical seal thread as soon as possible.

Shop drawing arrived on Friday, but I don't have the OEM seal back yet. Will post drawing and seal dimensions/pics when I get it.

Here is a dumb question: anyone have a link to where i can purchase the silver star? Thanks.

Got the shop drawing on Friday. Waiting on the OEM seal. Once it arrives, I'll post the drawing, pics and measurements.

Dumb question: Can anyone provide me a link to where I can purchase a Silver Star? Thanks.

Thanks!

I think I get decent prices. For these limited runs, I never expected it would be as cheap as it is when I first started researching it. I could probably do some more similar parts. I'm pretty much limited to EPDM parts that are straight....

Here is the shop drawing. I like all the
dimensions except for the total height. The dimensions on the left add up to .688 (11/16") which is a little taller than the .656 shown.

image-3343722721.jpg

Looking at this pic, the height scales out just under 11/16" so maybe it is close enough? The dimensions provided on the left check out, but a little slop in each of those three measurements probably add up to the .032 (less than 1/16") difference in the height.

image-2176174236.jpg

Here is a pic with the width next to a scale. Right on there.

image-881160436.jpg

The length measures 25 3/4". Figure I'd do 5 feet per order and that would leave enough for two pieces with generous slop.

What do you guys think about the proposed slot in the middle? Since the EPDM is stiff, we think this slot will allow the seal to flex similar to the foam.

Let me know your thoughts. I'm going to talk to the detailer about the height dimension. Hopefully I can give a go ahead to do a sample by early next week?
image-3343722721.jpg
image-2176174236.jpg
image-881160436.jpg

I've adjusted the height to a fill 11/16". Haven't heard any other comments, so I'm going to move forward with a sample. I will post comparison pics when I receive the sample.

Sorry, but not sure what I can add without the sample in hand, as you seem to know what you are doing :)...all I can add is, thanks for getting these done!! :beer:

my only comment would be to er on the side of building slightly larger. Seems like the epdm stuff has been on the side of smaller in all the runs.

Haven't heard anything back from the extruder as far as an anticipated delivery date on the sample yet. I'll let you guys know as soon as I hear anything....I'm hoping we can have these ready by Christmas.

looking great thanks for the hard work. i will me in for a set

Sorry for the delayed update guys. The extruder is just VERY slow. It has taken over a month to get them to provide me something other than"I'll look I to it and get back to you". Anyway, the die is now made. They said that they would do a sample run and ship to me within a week. Thanks for your patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom