BFG tire question for the pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
rookie question alert.....I have wanted to get a set of 33" BFG All-Terrain for my pig that will mostly be street driven however, I may have an opportunity to get a great deal locally on some 33" BFG MUD-Terrains.

I assume that the Mud-Terrains will be more noisy on the road that the All-terrains.....how much more so?

Also, I would expect that the compound of the muds may make the tire wear faster.....how much faster?

Any other downsides too the Mud-terrains for a mostly street driven truck from those that have had both??

Honestly, I realize this is not real important but I like the slightly more aggressive look of the mud tires over the A-T's so, aside from saving some coin.....if the downsides are not that major, I'd almost prefer the M-T's unless they are totally hateful for any real street use......opinions? -Lee

Running BFG 33"x9.5"x15" MT's right now and they are noisy but not terrible.

An all terra tire is fine for picking up the kids from soccer, just don't go in the mud or snow. In my experience w/ the bgf a/t's on my work truck, they pack up and do not self clean. I suppose if all the off road I did was sandy, no problem. But I live where it gets muddy and snows. A/t tires, to me, are like hobbles for my land cruiser.

Running BFG 33"x9.5"x15" MT's right now and they are noisy but not terrible.

When did you get those?

My understanding is that the only option for BFG M/T's are 33x10.5.15 these days.

I think I heard someone post that these will fit fine on a non-lifted Pig?

bfgs actually don't wear quickly. they will at first because the outer tread is soft, but once you get down there, they are very hard and won't wear very fast. don't be surprised to get 60k out of a set. i ran mt's for years and they were a great dd tire. for wheeling, i wouldn't use them if they have the "rim protector". i had problems when aired down where the rim protector would scoop dirt and ice inbetween the r.p. and the rim itself and cause a bead leak. after research, i found a lot of people had the same issue. that's why i run tsl's now.

When did you get those?

My understanding is that the only option for BFG M/T's are 33x10.5.15 these days.

I think I heard someone post that these will fit fine on a non-lifted Pig?

I got these lightly used about 2 years ago.

33x10.5 fitment......

Thanks for the responses, I am leaning towards the KM2's M/T's.....now the questions is, I would like to lift it a bit at some point but, until then, will the 33X10.5's fit without a lift?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom