bfg KO2's 305/65-r18????? rubbing issues? I have searched.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone run this size tire? I read and searched through the forum about tire sizes etc im just wondering if this size tire can fit and is it possible to have it be fully offroad capable with this size tire? any modifications to make it work so it doesnt rub? I saw an ebay listing from a dealer out of fla that has put this size tire on two different land cruisers and im wondeirng if they either did it because it just looks mean and dint take into conideration full articulation without rubbing or if the modified it to allow it for full articulation with 305/65-r18 bfg ko2's any input or experience is appreciated If this is possible I may use them. Im leaning towards they did it more for looks then articulation.

thanks I read that thread but the wording of the posts had me very confused as to which tire they were talking about at certain points in the thread.. this time i read it and i guess my perspective was more honed in to understand it lol.

Ok, so for the 18" rim they have the ko2's but for 16" rims on my 02 LC bfg doesnt make a 305/65-16 or anyone else as far as my search on tire rack.. hmmm

305 70 16 will be as close as you can get in the ko2. When the rim size changes your middle tire number must change in this case the 70, will change.

305 70 16 will be as close as you can get in the ko2. When the rim size changes your middle tire number must change in this case the 70, will change.
I'm guessing a 70 will rub?

The tire I posted is just a bit shorter so I would think it could fit better.

The tire I posted is just a bit shorter so I would think it could fit better.
I saw the pics with 18's and 305/65-18 they barely clear the fenders that 5mm im thinking would rub? I would love to put 305's on it hmmmmm I wonder if anyone has done that tire 305/70-16

WOW the price for 305/70-16 is 300 less then the 305/65-18 obviously because of the wheel diam.. just gotta see if they will fit without rubbing somehow..

I run 305' on 18s (03+ stock LC rims), but with 1.5'' spacers on appx 2.5'' of lift. I definitely had to take a BFH to the pinch welds in the rear of the front wheel wells, but very rarely do I actually get rubbing while wheeling. Never during driving around town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom