Betsy the Farm Truck (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nothing has changed.
blow-up-wet-suit-fart-wetsuit-rerun-inflated-stupid-human-1294712882.jpg

that's hilarious. What did @jynx sell you besides a bag full of wire nuts and how the hell did you get him out of the tire?

F0JX8UKGGC2TTBH.LARGE.jpg

I think he was using it for pretty much the same thing I am. I am just pleased he sorted the gauges before he sold it to me.

But I did find about $8 in change in it

@TeddyBoy man, you give a guy one transmission that turns a perfectly good tater into a mashed tater and you are branded forever....:flipoff2:

And for the record, I still feel bad about that :frown:

@TeddyBoy man, you give a guy one transmission that turns a perfectly good tater into a mashed tater and you are branded forever....:flipoff2:

And for the record, I still feel bad about that :frown:

It was well mashed already and like i said before, aint nuthin to feel bad about. if anything i owe a thanks, i woulda never gone trip cases without all that happenin cuz that's just a stupid thing to do.

Last edited:
I guess I have missed all that. But years ago I picked up an SM420 from a guy near Chattanooga for Poser. Crated it and mailed it. I should have looked, apparently it had busted teeth and I may have noticed if i had looked at all since the top was off. I felt bad but the dude made it right with Poser

Yeah, that would have been while you were gone. Short version is Ted was getting the tater ready to go to Moab and wheel and needed to rebuild his 5spd, I had one in the garage that I gave him cause I didn't need it (technically I traded it for a 9.5" diff cover he won at GSMTR that I gave to Andy for his 40), anyway, I had pulled it from a truck I was pulling parts from and had no idea of its condition, but came from a running truck. Anyway he put it in the tater and off they went. Apparently it started popping out of gear and chose to do so at a VERY inopportune time on a climb (tater salad hill comes to mind, but maybe not) and he rolled pretty hard, crunched the exo, windshield and most of the roof of the cab.

I know Ted is sincere when he says "no worries" and I really had no idea or I would have told him for sure. Anyway, he has gotten really good at doing cab swaps and got triples in the process. And now he has gone full hydro and I had nothing to do with that and you are caught up. :)

@Hugh Heifer you may want to coat that Flex Seal with something (a coat of paint) it turned to powder in direct sunlight when I used it.

Damn. I did not know all of that about the roll.

Also, damn. I did not think that Flexseal garbage would break down so easily. What did you use it on?

I am not sure paint will stick to it but I may try to throw on a couple coats of black spray I guess.

@Hugh Heifer I ended up painting the parts but I waited to long, if you do it before it deteriorates you should be fine.

Update on Betsy.
New radiator hoses. Check.
New oil pressure sender. Check.
New coolant temp sender. Check.
All new fuel lines and fuel filters (they were disgusting by the way - I am not sure how gas was getting through them). Check.
New radiator cap. Check.
Wiring rerouted off the manifold where it was melting all over everything. Check.

New gas tank in the shop to replace the one that is leaking everywhere form the rust hole in the front of it this weekend.
Picked up a diff gasket to put on the new one Matt gave me. Probably get to that too.
I need to leave time to get the KM2s on Penny for GSMTR.

The project after that will be to replace the manifolds with the EFI ones. That will take some time.

Gas tank is in. That was a bit like wrestling a huge pig. Only broke one bolt. There was a crack in the front an a hole rubbed in the top. The goo inside was not potable.

I am going to replace the alternator. It seems to be going. And there is still that issue where it does not always want to turn over. I guess I am going to go through all the charging and starting wires again.

@Hugh Heifer you mentioned a heater plate for the manifold install. Found this and thought I would share.

Raso Enterprises Store
That is tits Matt! I was just thinking about ordering a new gasket set and then having to make one of those. $70 is well worth the price!

Edit: Pulled the trigger as well as a Remflex gasket. I can use the riser gasket as a template for a good coolant gasket.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom