best water pump? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
about to put a new water pump in my 1969 fj40. anyone have a suggestion as to which manufacturer i should use? thanx

I've read through this twice, still have questions. After speaking to 2 different "expert" online Cruiser people (and getting sent the wrong part), I still don't have an idea on this.

I have a 67 FJ40 with a 78 2F engine. The radiator is in the stock location. A long water pump with the tall double pulley and the plastic fan is too long, the fan hits the radiator.

Can I use a short water pump, a short double-groove pulley, and a plastic fan? I don't care about a fan clutch.

Thanks
Yes you can, I went this route as well but was unable to find a reasonably priced OEM pulley. I found this nice billet aftermarket one for about $80 online. Here's a link to that portion of my build
Post in thread 'The 60/40 Project' The 60/40 Project - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/the-60-40-project.1199211/post-13627412

View attachment 3506858

as far as the shorter shaft FAN CLUTCH YES option 2F pump , yes it will bolt up as @60 40 talks about above ,

the next topic is with or without a OIL COOLER YES option ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom