Best hydro-assist for 80?O (1 Viewer)

Ok, hydro-assist on an 80 with high-steer.

Wanting a new pump and steering box too. Pump should be able to power hydro-boost brakes and/or a winch.

40" LTBs, Aussie Lockers both ends.

What do the pro's suggest?

Ok, hydro-assist on an 80 with high-steer.

Wanting a new pump and steering box too. Pump should be able to power hydro-boost brakes and/or a winch.

40" LTBs, Aussie Lockers both ends.

What do the pro's suggest?
I'm running stock pump, Steering box rebuild and tapped by WEST TEXAS OFFROAD (redneck ram package)one of the best service team I have worked with, 8" stroke 1.5" body ram from Trail Gear, added cooling reservoir. Best upgrade with respect to having 37+" tires.

Cool. Now to find a good replacement pump. Mine is worn out and I want one that can handle hydro-boost too. Maybe one from PSC? Who else makes PS pumps?

Elbert

SILVER Star

I see a lot of people posting about ram assist. Does it make a big difference in ease of use on the p/s? Also I figure once you get north of say something around 33 tires, the p/s is really getting a workout.

In my case I have a 5.7 Vortec and running stock GM p/s pump with yota OEM gear. 33 tires for now..maybe 35's later on.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

PSC Toyota " hi performance " pump .. running it in Tencha with 1.5" piston .. was pretty easy to me .. most dificult part was my failure part ... the pulley .. I ended with a small ( too small ) pulley .. I recomend order it with the pulley that you need ..

Land Speeder

InstaH8R

alki, you're running hi-steer?! I didn't know. post pics. hi-steer would make a 3-link alot easier that's for sure...

I've rebuilt 3FE pumps and it's pretty straight forward with the oem rebuild kit... I haven't touched my steering on my latest junk other than flushing it and I'm turning the 40's decently enough to keep postponing the hydro-assist project.... just rebuild the oem pump first.

You can always add more reservoir as well.... kinda what the mini-truck guys do...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom