bellhousing(clutch cover) bolts (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Transmission has been out of 81 BJ42 with the 3B for quite some time. Need help on the bolts between the block and bellhousing .Apparently they are missing. The 3 on top that go through BH with threads in block 12X1.25X45 ? And the 2 on the side with threads in the BH that come from front ...12X1.25X40 ?? Would really like any info including part numbers and what they had for washers from the factory. Tried this in 40/55 tech , was told to post here. I honestly thought it was the same as the 2F set up.
Thanks

Transmission has been out of 81 BJ42 with the 3B for quite some time. Need help on the bolts between the block and bellhousing .Apparently they are missing. The 3 on top that go through BH with threads in block 12X1.25X45 ? And the 2 on the side with threads in the BH that come from front ...12X1.25X40 ?? Would really like any info including part numbers and what they had for washers from the factory. Tried this in 40/55 tech , was told to post here. I honestly thought it was the same as the 2F set up.
Thanks

Did you check on megazip for your vehicle

That might get you part way there depending on what market your 42 was destined for.....

Chances are its a common bolt/part number that will be avail from your local dealer

Did you check on megazip for your vehicle

That might get you part way there depending on what market your 42 was destined for.....

Chances are its a common bolt/part number that will be avail from your local dealer
Yes I have looked at megazip and quite a few other spots. Cant seem to find the drawing I need. No pics of bellhousing anywhere that I can find. I even have the FSM , no mention in there even.
I assume that it was Canadian market.
Thanks

I created the below image for the H41/H55F combo to the 2H/12HT engine.. the part number of the bolt gives the dimensions of the bolt away. I've collected a few images of how to decode the part number at this link -> Decoding Toyota Part Numbers for bolts etc. I think these images were from a Mud thread but I cant recall which.

The thread pitch isn't contained with the part number, but they are all going to be metric 1.25 pitch.

1710189355859.png

Thats unreal, cheers
1710263041241.jpeg
I appreciate your time 3B looks a little different though

Yours is a little older than what Duncanrm posted. His is aluminum with two reinforcements bracket on each side. This bell housing started around 1985 for the 3B.
Your bell housing is cast iron and no reinforcements needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom