Bellcrank Reproduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In looking at the SOR photos, there is only one photo for two different carburetors. Maybe their photos just show the '73 carburetor?

The California spec '74 carburetor has the provision for the spring, maybe my parts carburetor was one of those?

Well, I'm just going to remind myself that the grand issue with all of this is that any two-barrel Aisan, which needs modification to accept a M6x1 wingnut tie-down, isn't a prime donor candidate for a whole bunch of stockish 40s without running the original intake manifold, it's no-aluminum sheet metal spacer, and F-style air cleaner assembly.

Anecdotally, I made a generic air cleaner assembly for my Nissan, that should be fun to try out on my new, OEM, non-USA 2F, Aisan, and I could pair it with my F intake manifold that appears to be quite solid compared to the my other two manifolds. This is a Weber on a 2.4L Z24 4-cylinder, with a decent air filter, below. I'll eventually route hot air from the stock manifold set up to the air filter.

20211117_163325.jpg

Not that I don't want to use the stock air cleaner assembly, but, it already looks a bit off since I made a custom header to hot-air-intake setup, it could be fun to build custom parts as an opportunity - mounting the air filter above and around the air horn. Seems logical until I score a complete factory 2F intake and exhaust manifold that I can mount my original '75 hot-air-intake manifold heat shield to. Again, I need the threaded mounting screw for keeping things simple.

Dizzy ,

i have 2 of these on my incoming JAPAN stock order , i have no clue what it is ?

but it sure looks like a problem solver at some level here ?

i will mail it out to you as soon as it arrives ..hopefully later this week :santa:

1638752675931.jpeg

Dizzy ,

i have 2 of these on my incoming JAPAN stock order , i have no clue what it is ?

but it sure looks like a problem solver at some level here ?

i will mail it out to you as soon as it arrives ..hopefully later this week :santa:

View attachment 2856669
Matt, I have been looking for a cable bellcrank like in your photo for years. I make my own throttle cable adapters for Holley 2300 2bbls. What was your source and part number for those shiny things?
Doug

Matt, I have been looking for a cable bellcrank like in your photo for years. I make my own throttle cable adapters for Holley 2300 2bbls. What was your source and part number for those shiny things?
Doug

i will be happy to hook you up with some OEM japan Spec. NON-USA Far-Away Teq when they arrive later towards the end of this week hopefully .......

The first ones that arrives , if its a partial MULTI_BOX shipment like i think it will , is slated for
USPS EXPRESS MAIL OVERNIGHT to @Dizzy 's LAB Facility he has going on too ........

as far as the other 411 you mention , that's LEVEL 1 TOP SECRET SKUNK WORKS here at my LAB .......... :D

(.22) - Copy.png

i will be happy to hook you up with some OEM japan Spec. NON-USA Far-Away Teq when they arrive later towards the end of this week hopefully .......

The first ones that arrives , if its a partial MULTI_BOX shipment like i think it will , is slated for
USPS EXPRESS MAIL OVERNIGHT to @Dizzy 's LAB Facility he has going on too ........

as far as the other 411 you mention , that's LEVEL 1 TOP SECRET SKUNK WORKS here at my LAB .......... :D

Hah ! Ok on the double secret part. Let me know when you will have some available and the likely price.
Thanks, Doug

Hah ! Ok on the double secret part. Let me know when you will have some available and the likely price.
Thanks, Doug

10-4 copy that

there very reasonable for what it is and what it indeed can be here today

its a GAME Changer Part i think ?

To start, I must credit @4Cruisers for introducing me to the idea of combining the later F-engine type of throttle ('bellcrank' plus a cable-type throttle pedal) with the later 2F-type of air cleaner assemblies and a ball-joint carb throttle, which is native to a ton of Aisan and Aisan-clone carbs out there. This would be a hot idea for anyone trying to rehab an FJ40 with a hacked up history, installing a 2F carb without modifying the firewall on an earlier rig to support the linkage bracket, or finding a better solution than addressing mechanical slop at every point along a torque-rod accelerator linkage. The bellcrank principle might me a cleaner install for carb conversions as well.

Below is the original carb, manifold, spacer, from my '75 FJ40 fitted with a cable-bellcrank setup. Technically speaking, I assume this Toyota part# 78106-90351, correct me if I am wrong, but, a MUD search comes up with one that has the return spring configured differently (toward the front of the truck).

View attachment 2847819

View attachment 2847828

The goal of this project is to duplicate the above bellcrank and ball-joint push rod. The original Toyota part has some wear, and I'm more interested in a no-slop, positive feel on the gas pedal, and a stack of my own fresh bellcrank clones.

Below, torque-rod-type linkage set-up from early '75 2F tech.

View attachment 2847834
IIRC, the throttle lever is from a '74 parts carburetor I had in my stash.
Doug

Dang !

International shipping takes forever

558643D8-DB05-4A17-A750-6BF5D236B5B5.jpeg
DCF1A42F-6C81-44A3-B42B-0065112F4D7A.jpeg
3885F2C3-7020-4F04-A391-0E5DEDAF5FC1.jpeg
1C17C2E7-9DDB-411C-A23B-319546AEC88B.jpeg
B639EEB0-3882-4400-B574-560BA6EB671C.jpeg
18A18ED2-445D-425B-96CE-EA55E4E52838.jpeg
4276F4E9-AB0E-43B4-B4B5-DCA0390E7E31.jpeg
651ACDD4-3EF3-41A3-887D-1A5833DB47F4.jpeg
10891E67-44CA-4C05-AF28-FD52CD104A32.jpeg

@ToyotaMatt Do you know the radius, from where the cable rests (about) to the center of the threaded spindle?

no i do not ,

tell me what measurements you need in METRIC only please ?

ill let u know now

PM me your shipping info too , ill have this in todays mail first thing for u by XMASS ! :santa::santa::santa::santa:

no i do not ,

tell me what measurements you need in METRIC only please ?

ill let u know now

PM me your shipping info too , ill have this in todays mail first thing for u by XMASS ! :santa::santa::santa::santa:
Matt, does this mean you have the bellcranks in stock now? Price?
Doug

@ToyotaMatt 39.75mm is about what I have on my OEM part between the center of the spindle, and the surface where the cable rests.

I would say I’m some where between 37-39mm from rotational shaft ctr. To the valley of the cable guide recess …

Is this the spec. Your looking for Dizzy ?

Also :

I have tons of the toyota OEM brass barrel stops for this application

They were a service part years ago and come pre drilled and have a little crater on one side of the cable hole for the Silver Solder to pool up and form a plug or anti pull out little ball tip of solder if u follow me ?

There unique to toyota at least I have never seen them anywhere else in my travels anyway ?

Same size spec. And there primarily use was the late modle 2F carb choke butter fly

I would think all toyota cable cams or what we are looking at here take that same service spec. Part .??

0DAAB0FA-B7A6-4190-9391-503968B4D1DE.jpeg
E00A15C8-BE9F-4003-BB4B-05DEB66C8770.jpeg
D073585D-2136-4C48-976B-16C800BC1B9B.jpeg

There are 2 sizes I failed to mention above

It seams the larger one I have here is a dead ringer :

9FA8D989-3AA3-4D30-8792-24FE683470F2.jpeg
851B7E8C-DD78-4AF2-87F4-C3B5982B811A.jpeg
A5269C1D-F02F-459E-A7E6-0C951B03322D.jpeg
77386B7E-8723-4597-9BD1-2FD76B00A233.jpeg

If u need the correct size spec OEM black cable liner jacket , stainless steel strand wire cable and these thick thick jis ferrel
End caps I will donate whatever u need to make this happen dizzy ..

This is all the same exact gear ⚙️ I Roll with when reastoring OEM control cables , choke , hand throttles , fresh pulls and warm pulls

The fresh and warm use solid core stainless cable but all acceleration cables use strand wire type

See below tech reference images :

image.jpg
image.jpg

DSCN3018.JPG

DSCN3022.JPG

DSCN4282.JPG
DSCN4293.JPG

The choke cable stop sounds interesting, However, as a child, I bailed my dad out twice, once we were in the mountains fishing, on his '66 Barracuda with bicycle cable. 1.5mm diameter cable for throttle is a joke in my mind, and I wouldn't want to get the throttle cable hot in any uncontrolled manner, so it can't be a torch, maybe if it was done in a controlled oven, but, cable isn't really solderable in my mind. 3mm cable is desired because a set-screw will displace its compressive force over a lot more metal. Also, 3mm cable is going to resist abuse during installation and removal better.

I can give you this intel. I'm running a fj60 carb on a 4/73 1F engine, stock manifolds, stock 1F air cleaner. I'm using a carb spacer/insulator with the heat shielding from about a 77 2F. I drilled and tapped this insulator for a nipple for the PCV in the regular 1F position. The aircleaner spacing was about right, I think I trimmed down the area that sits on the top of the carb a bit and I just clamp it with the 1F clamp there. Seems to seal okay. I sourced a bellcrank like you are using, but with the heavy return spring that goes forward. The stock orientation interferes with the vacuum secondary arm. This would not have been an issue with the mechanical secondary 73 carb. I had to slightly bend the return spring ear and grind some out to make clearance for the secondary linkage on the front of the carb. Otherwise it works great. The factory spin on type oil filter clears everything just fine. Only problem I had with the used bellcrank I sources was the rivet that it rotates on was sloppy and worn. Lets the arm bind on return. I had to drill it out and use a bolt and some shims and such to get good non-sloppy movement. A new source would be nice.

I had used a 77 2F carb at one point. I had a used an early 2F aircleaner then too. In that settup I ran the throttle cable over to the rim of the air cleaner and made a bracket and pulled directly on the pivot ball of the 2F carb. This settup worked pretty much like the early carbs. IT was possible to get full throttle engagement from that arm, but was probably not the preferred angle of motion on the primary carb shaft.

Awesome. Thank you MoCoNative. If you can post a photo or two, I'd be delighted. I had no clue that the air horn would work with the older air cleaner assembly, so that is good news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom