Bean! My FJ60 build and adventure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unfortunately there are about 4 different gas pedal varieties for different year pcm combos. We make adapter brackets for each one so they can be bolted on the stock firewall holes. Some pedals also require us to shorten/lengthen the arms to make them fit with good ergonomics.

I can't seem to find them on your site\store.

Awesome thread! I just read the whole thing. Great evolution of your Fj60.

I have backpacked much of the world and I know that while as much fun as it is, it is also a lot of planning and hard work that require overcoming numerous unforeseen obstacles and austere conditions along the way. With all that being said, it is super rewarding and being a traveler myself I can really appreciate your adventures and photos.

I've backpacked Mexico, Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Egypt, most of Europe (as far North as the Arctic Circle), Colombia, Thailand, Cambodia, Japan, and have been through most of the Middle East and Southwest Asia. My regret is that I didn't document these trips as well as I should have. You have inspired me to do just that on the future trips. Glad to see someone as crazy as myself out there.

Again, bad*** thread! Very enjoyable to read. Thanks

Last edited:
I believe he still has the FJ, maybe sold by now. But he did pick up a new truck/camper rig. Tons on his IG.

On IG, he says he plans to keep it "forever". It is definitely more photogenic than the camper.

Amazing thread, inspiration galore! So cool to see all the different reasons people go crazy over this truck. Hope to have one soon myself.

My wife and I were lucky enough to buy the Bean back in March of 2019. I've been wanting to start a build thread for some time... Well, its finally happened.
For those interested in following along on the Bean's journey, here's the link: Bean! The Adventure Continues (1987 FJ60)

IMG_5986.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom