BBCNN Trail Run Eldorado Canyon 3/28/09 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MEEEEEEEE TOOOOOO!:bounce::steer::bounce2::steer::bounce::steer::bounce2:

Very excited about getting to WHEEEEEEEL!

K

Just got back into town

Where is the savemart people are meeting up at?

Its off of HWY 50 E. in Dayton I think.
Im heading out with Rusty TLC in an HOUR!
JAAAAZZZED!

Hope to see you there!

K

The Dan and John road show are in im driving my Mini WOOT

Dan :cheers::steer::bounce::bounce2:

What a fun day. I'm much happier about buying the 60 now, it did a stellar job.

It was an ALMOST perfect day! The only thing that would have made it better was if my :princess: were able to go. She'd have had a blast on that run.
There was a little bit of everything on this trail. Nice and easy to as tech as you could want. I had never run that before, so it was a great first time. I had anticipated the off camber switch back that everyone had mentioned...it was tippy for sure! However, it was dry, so it wasnt that bad. I can see where it'd be a nasty mo fo if it were muddy.
OH...and what a BEAUTIFUL DAY! The tank tops were out, windows down, great wheelin, great people.... It really didnt get much better.
Keith S lost power to his rear locker in his FJ Crusier, but despite that, he did a great job. He looked like he was a little frustrated at times, and I hope he had a good time any way.
Dan G was runnin dual open as well in his IFS mini and blasted the trail. He also has a lot of seat time on his side.
Rusty's 60 did awesome. I didnt really notice a spot where crappy SUA flex hindered him at all. I WORKED when mine was stock, SUA....Dan made it look easy. I guess that is where EXPEREINCE comes into play.
Shawn...
Mark....
John...
Well...their rigs and skills are set, so it was a breeze for them.

I took a hit to my front diff in the boulders trying to follow Mark W in the river bed and got jammed in an akward spot. SOOOO...My next lil project is some protection up there. I noticed that it had taken a good shot and there is actaully a dent in the housing. Kinda worried me when I saw it, so Ill be putting the plasma to work on a face plate.

Thanks for a great day!

K

Keith,

If you're at the house today, I'll bring the 80 by and you can see a simple front diff protection solution. Don't know when I'll be at the part of town though, we got company.

Keith,

If you're at the house today, I'll bring the 80 by and you can see a simple front diff protection solution. Don't know when I'll be at the part of town though, we got company.

Gimme a call!
Were gonna run errands this AM, but well be home after noon!

You know my cell I think!?

K

I agree with Chicago it was an awsome day Good peeps and nice trail
Dan:cheers::steer::bounce::bounce2:
p_00344.jpg
p_00332.jpg
p_00345.jpg

Looks like a great run. We kind of got skunked on our plans, so we came home last night.

It was a good day, but the area where we going to explore (Cortez) is being heavily mined, so everything was blocked off and being worked.

Jack

Nice pics. Glad to hear the 60 is working out for you!

Hey guys, thanks for all the help getting through the trail. My buddy Tony and I checked the fuses to see if that may be problem with the rear locker, but they all checked out OK. A little searching on the fjcruiser forum revealed the rear locker motor has crapped out on a few FJCs. The good news is that anyone who took it to the dealership either got it fixed on warranty, or it was a minor fix that got it operating correctly again.

I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow — after double checking my warranties — and see about getting this thing fixed!

X2 man!
I cant see any reason that they wouldnt warranty that. However, the dealerships (toyota or not) can be pretty sneaky about that stuff.
My wife had a HORRIBLE experience with the Lithia Jeep. They changed the wording for the part type in order to keep it off the warranty she had.

Good luck Keith!

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom