Bantam trailer hub stud nightmare, need help ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After stripping out one of the LH trheaded studs on my Bantam trailer, I decided I wanted to switch them over to standard RH threads like on the passenger side. I have now ordered two different part numbers and both of them are the same wrong stud for the hole.

Raybestos #2200B from Rockauto for a 1947 Jeep front RH thread ( does not work, the shank is at least an 1/8'' too long and sticks out of the other side of the hub.

Omix Ada #16714.02 from Advance Auto ( appears to be exactly the same as the Raybestos stud only darker in color )

What am I missing here ?

That is odd.

First off, are you really complaining that after spending a few dollars, your studs are sticking out further?

Also odd because the rumor is that the darker in color studs stick out even further typically.

Ok, I got it figured out. They will work, even though the shank is longer, its not quite enough to interfere with the engagement of the lug nut. I'm going to make life easier on the next mud member to restore one of these and post up the proper PN's as most of what I've been finding is dated information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom