Ball/claw question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

avicenna110

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m doing the knuckle rebuild on my 65, the brass bushing came out stuck to driver side axle, I’m guessing this isn’t normal. Shouldn’t the axle move freely with the bushing fixed?

I took the bushing out and of course damaged it, it was on real tight.

31F8B010-F95B-4234-8015-9579557B5E37.jpeg
DE89A3DF-6F97-45D3-9CB5-C4AF9BCD4ED9.jpeg
B67D1112-0AEF-4181-8170-7CA3F99C6421.jpeg

Last edited:
correct, not normal, the bushing should stay in the housing

Thanks, I’ve been reading up on it and haven’t found a lot of material. I saw that SOR sells the bushing but says that it requires adjustment. Does this mean I need to hone the inner diameter? It should obviously slide over the axle but how much space should there be? What is keeping the oil inside?

SORs bushing works with a couple applications. You will need to have a machine shop cut down the outer part of bushing so it will sit flush in the axel housing.

SORs bushing works with a couple applications. You will need to have a machine shop cut down the outer part of bushing so it will sit flush in the axel housing.
Thanks. The outer diameter that goes in the housing or the lip that extends outside? I guess I can compare to the old one if it’s the lip diameter, but if it’s the inner one I’d have to take the measurements since the truck has no front end now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom