Bailey's Cabin February 3-5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any interest in making a trip out to Bailey's cabin in February? Really enjoyed it last year, cool spot for a chill family friendly camping weekend, that is close to home.

Weekend of 2/3 to 2/5 is a good option.

I am interested. That avoids Super Bowl Sunday.

I'm interested .

Alright lets do it!

It might be a interesting trail after all this rain...

Thick brush and pinstriping may be an issue. Last time I was there a few years ago I remember that being an issue, maybe it's better now?

That sounds like 200 series problems :)

I'm thinking more about potential washouts or deep erosion on the trail headed down from Anza, not unlike what has happened at Diablo Dropoff... You know; interesting... maybe a little mud, maybe a little winch action...

Reactions: KTP
Winching really? Common, all I am hearing are excuses why not to go.

Reactions: KTP
I'm thinking more about potential washouts or deep erosion on the trail headed down from Anza, not unlike what has happened at Diablo Dropoff... You know; interesting... maybe a little mud, maybe a little winch action...

I remember going up that grade as a kid with my dad before they graded it. Called Turkey Track and was super sketchy (at least to a kid)

I have to send a shock into ARB to get serviced. With shipping and turnaround I am probably not going to have Rathtar back up in time. Major sadness to me.

Frank

Hey everyone, post up on who is actually interested in coming. Loose plan right now is to leave SD around 2pm Friday, get up to Bailey's before dark, hopefully no one is taking up the camp site.

Base camp out of there and go out do some exploring Saturday, like Alder canyon, maybe some hiking.

So Far, @Justsendit, @1FZj80, and a buddy from work in a Tacoma is confirmed.

Ill post more details later

Sounds like Devin will be joining as well

Curious, are you planning on getting there by dropping down from the North/Anza or by hitting dirt in Borrego Springs and heading up?

Curious, are you planning on getting there by dropping down from the North/Anza or by hitting dirt in Borrego Springs and heading up?
I believe the road up from Borrego is closed both from the South and North but I could be wrong. Best to verify passage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom