Badlands / Saturday March 26 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's pretty simple:
Date: Saturday March 26th
Where: Badlands ORP, Attica IN
What: Wheel
Why: cuz
Who: 4x4 Yotas owners (except me, it's our spring break)

Don't be a douche like me, show up!

So what are us Chicago guys doing? I am sure Summers is closed, Badlands campground kinda sucks and the inn is rather pricey?

For me it depends on weather.

Summers is closed. Opens April 20th.....:hmm:

If its nice out I am up for trying out the badlands camp, if others are. If its crappy out then I will either stay home :frown: or stay at the pricey hotel.

The badlands camp was ok. Not great just ok..

There was a no alcohol rule, but wasn't really enforced.

Maybe if we get a charming fella like Tony to talk to the people at summers, they would let us stay in the primate section.

A good event coordinator would FIND a campground.

I remember asking Summers that question last year (even telling them it would be a group) for the March date but they blabbed something about their insurance not allowing it.

Having said that, I'm not nearly as convincing as Tony, or as sexy for that matter. Perhaps if he shows up in person or sends in a picture... :grinpimp:

Last edited:
I called Summers and left a message....will let you know what I hear.

The campground by the Badlands opens March 6 and looks like it has been greatly improved since we stayed there last. They have electric hook-up which would be nice for some heat in the camper or tents. Here is their website: Home

Well if there is going to be a decent group camping at the badlands, I'm in.

I hope there is a plan for another weekend at the badlands before PYS. I need a good camp ground party fix.

I'll be there, and will be on real tires :grinpimp:

I plan to bring my stock rig. No budget for sliders, so how much can I realistically do? Easy stuff without hitting the rockers, bumpers, etc.?

I don't know what I'll be able to attend until PYS due to a huge project at work which is running from mid March thru May. If some of you Chi town boys wanna crash at my place, there's plenty of room and the party is non-stop. I allow burning within reason ;)

I'll be there, and will be on real tires :grinpimp:

Yeah Joe..... I'm not one to criticize, but some real ones would be nicer..
old_ skoda_car picture_wood_wheels.jpg

I plan to bring my stock rig. No budget for sliders, so how much can I realistically do? Easy stuff without hitting the rockers, bumpers, etc.?

Depends on how comfortable you are as a driver. A stock can be with us all day, but not exactly taking the same lines. Green trail is a rocker crusher, I dont recommend it for a stock 80. But I cant guarentee no dings, or pin stripes.

I don't know what I'll be able to attend until PYS due to a huge project at work which is running from mid March thru May. If some of you Chi town boys wanna crash at my place, there's plenty of room and the party is non-stop. I allow burning within reason ;)

:hmm: