Bad vibrations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OS2

Joined
Sep 30, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
1
Location
oregon
96’ LC is shuddering to the point of not driving it. It is worse under load and the one place you don’t feel it is in the steering wheel. I have more or less narrowed it down to the differential dynamic dampener (or fill in what you call it). I read that some people simply remove it?? Why would that stop the vibration? If it does why is it there to start with and if it is removed are there potential long term problems that may arise? Sorry for the compound question but this thing is driving me crazy and not driving me anywhere else.
 
First things first buckaroo, have you checked U-joints? But I believe you’re referring to the viscus coupler in the T-case. Lots of things can cause vibrations try to be more concise. I’d maybe give a symptoms search for 80 series viscus coupler issue and see if something pops up.
 
Back
Top Bottom