Backup light LEDs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to install a set of LEDs in the reverse lights. IIRC the reverse light bulbs for my 1993 PZJ75 truck are 1156 bayonet mount bulbs. My truck is in the PI and I have no way to verify what bulbs are installed.
Does anyone know for sure which bulbs are installed for reverse lights ?

Thank you.

image.jpeg

There is a difference...... :)

Off topic, subject is reverse, im talking about brake LEDs
i do need to note something here, but for brake lights not reverse (reverse are fine)

If you add brake LEDs without a resister, you may encounter an issue when hooking up say a trailer with LEDs. When you put the parking lights on, they may be full power all the time, instead of half for parking lights, and full when braking. I had to put my old bulbs back in to make my trailer brake lights work correctly until i added a resistor. Just FYI

Off topic, subject is reverse, im talking about brake LEDs
i do need to note something here, but for brake lights not reverse (reverse are fine)

If you add brake LEDs without a resister, you may encounter an issue when hooking up say a trailer with LEDs. When you put the parking lights on, they may be full power all the time, instead of half for parking lights, and full when braking. I had to put my old bulbs back in to make my trailer brake lights work correctly until i added a resistor. Just FYI
You drive the Toyota equivalent of a Bluebird School Bus and you still need a trailer. You really need to learn how to pack lighter.
:)

Last edited:
I was going to suggest Superbright LED as most of their bulbs work in a range between 10 and 30v DC so should work in any of our systems. This was also going to be my solution for my M416 so I could tow it behind Foster or my 100.

Seems like there may be a secret solution other than Superbright ;-p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom