Backup camera for 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a single din pioneer radio in my 80 that sounds decent. Not sure if I want to spend the money for a double din alpine unit with back up camera.

Anyone have success with a wireless camera that would hook up to an iPhone? Seems like I could pull power from the license plate light and then use the iPhone I use for tunes and navigation.

Thanks!

Todd

There are a ton of wireless Wi-Fi backup cameras available. @RFB and @LandCruiserPhil have them in this thread

That looks like a good option. I bought one of the cheap license plate ones from China and will try it out and see how it works. Have gotten used to the camera in my 100, so would be nice to have in the 80.

Went to cartoys yesterday to see what they might suggest and found a wired camera that connects to a screen that covers the rear view mirror. Also has a forward facing camera on back of unit. Having it installed next weekend and will report back on performance. Seemed like a good solution as the radio space can now be retained for stereo and HAM unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom