Back in my kzj78, need new shocks. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, I had to park my truck for a while due to cost of living and changing careers. But I just picked it back up and drove it back home from my parents. Really missed that truck.

I'm curious if anyone has tried the new shocks from Dobinsons, the IMS I believe they are called. I need to replace my shocks on my lifted truck and have the "old" yellow ones. Wondering if the new ones are worth the extra money for the tuning and rebuildable factor? 2 inch lift. Daily driver but also wheel on the weekends.

Good to be back, I missed you all!

can't tell from your picture if it's a 77 or a LJ/KJ. If 77 then you can get the upgraded Dobinson, if the light duty then I would doubt you can get any of the upgraded Dobinsons.
Howdy coldtaco. It's a 1995 kzj78. I talked to Dobinsons and they do have the upgraded shocks for my lift, it's a Dobinsons lift from 2019. So I'm stoked they are available (IMS and twintube nitrogen) for my truck. Just wondering if the performance is worth the cost difference as the US dollar is killing us Canadians currently.

Howdy coldtaco. It's a 1995 kzj78. I talked to Dobinsons and they do have the upgraded shocks for my lift, it's a Dobinsons lift from 2019. So I'm stoked they are available (IMS and twintube nitrogen) for my truck. Just wondering if the performance is worth the cost difference as the US dollar is killing us Canadians currently.
Ah…didn’t know that 👍 These shocks would probably give you a more noticeable improvement then us with leaf springs. I got the MRR remotes and parabolic springs and haven’t really noticed a drastic improvement 🤷‍♂️

Ah…didn’t know that 👍 These shocks would probably give you a more noticeable improvement then us with leaf springs. I got the MRR remotes and parabolic springs and haven’t really noticed a drastic improvement 🤷‍♂️
Thanks for the feedback! I could go either way currently...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom