B.S. Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anybody attended (or thought about attending) the Black Hills Cruiser Classic? Looks like I'll be home (with enough time to make some repairs first), and sounds like a perfectly good reason to drive halfway across the country!

I thought about making a cameo appearance at the 2012 BHCC; we left NOVA and drove 30+/- hours straight arriving SD on a Sunday morning, in time only to see the procession of Cruisers leaving the Black Hills region as we drove west. After stops at the Corn Palace and Wall Drug, we arrived to Mt. Rushmore that afternoon to a helluva hail storm. So heavy it closed the Crazy Horse monument. Unforgettable! The next day we drove on to Yellowstone and camped for a week, then Teton, SLC, Green River, and several nights across Colorado. Then the long trip back to VA. 5600 miles R-T, IIRC.

I suppose when it gets close there will be meet-up details?

Jim

Yes, we'll post the details in the thread. I'll try to remember to also send you a PM a few days beforehand, as a reminder.

I would like to pass her a good POC for that trail run, so whoever is going please send me your number so I can pass it along.

JB, I will send you my contact info via PM. Please fwd to Jessie.

On another note - I am attending the Rising Sun meeting this coming Wednesday (6 April) to serve as an emissary between our club and theirs.

As of now I am proposing a meet and greet on Friday, 23 April at Rock Yard Brewing in Castle Rock.

I've also spoken with the TLCA and have joined their BODREPS distribution list. There is some paperwork that we need to fill out to update our information on the TLCA website and in the Toyota Trails magazine. I will have all of that at the next meeting that I am tracking is on the 19th. All I ask is that everyone who is a TLCA member, please have your TLCA member number handy...

Good initiative, thanks for acting on what we discussed.

Clarify the day/date on proposing a Castle Rock meet and greet--Friday is the 22nd, Saturday is the 23rd.

@mountainmanryan
Ryan likely has everyone's TLCA member numbers--he has their TLCA "dues due-dates". (Hmmm...the club secretary should probably have a member roster with such details ;^)

This is funny, especially BMW comments.

I'll have to tell you about the blonde girl I worked with a the hardware store when I was in college. Blinker fluid, left handed monkey wrenches and board stretchers led to her quiting... :)

Back in high school, I sent a girl to a friend who worked at pep boys to get blinker fluid. got slapped in class the next day. He used the store intercom to page a blinker fluid technician to come to the parts counter...

I don't have the some of the tools needed but was thinking for what I pay someone else I could buy the tools and have them for future use.

A tech day would be awesome if the club is up for it. I'd be willing to host it at my place, 3 Cruisers can fit in the garage and 3 more on the outside concrete. We have a few acres so if a truck didn't require to be on concrete for the work being done, like mine for the drawer build, there's room.

Last edited:
Earlier this week I was told that there is a woodcraft shop at both Ft. Carson and USAF Academy; similar to the auto shops where they have workspace and tools, plus experienced peeps to offer assistance. May be worth checking into, as you might be able to construct your drawer/cabinet there, and then install at the home garage.

Everyone - I called Brandon at Classic Cruisers last Friday. Told him that we would like to come down for a visit. He said that he's not quite ready to host folks yet because the shop and the yard are not where he wants them. To that I suggested a bit of a partnership between CLC and Classic Cruisers.

What does everyone think about going down to Salida for a work day? I suggested to Brandon that we may be able to help do things like cut grass, move vehicles around, clean up around the shop, etc.... This gets after three main things: 1. We get to help a fellow cruiser head, 2. We get to directly support a major restoration effort happening right in our backyard, and 3. We get to oogle all of the cruisers while we're out there.

I'm going to stop by Classic Cruisers on Monday on my way out to Moab to meet Brandon and check things out. I've asked him to telecom into our next meeting if he wants to so we can discuss. I will take point on this for the club but could always use a second. Any takers?

V/R,

JB

Hope everyone was OK. Looks like this hundy took quite a hit today...pic stolen from facebook.
lcpowers.jpg

Reactions: SAS
I saw that live, too, but didn't look--was too busy watching traffic around me gawking over there. Hope the injuries were minimal. Metal can be repaired/replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom