B Engine injector pump with no EDIC setup (Costa Rican BJ40) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there,

I'm hoping to get some photos of other cruisers that have no EDIC system. My setup was extremely FUBARed and I have no idea how this should actually look.

IMG_6479.JPG

To begin with I have no idea what the dohickey is in the top left corner of the photo above... There is an tab on the back of it that looks as though it should be electrically connected to something... I'm guessing this is part of an EDIC system that was removed.

The second part that seems to serve no purpose is the DAC. This is the part bottom center of the photo. There was never a vacuum hose on the back of this, though i'm sure there is supposed to be one.
(I have no clue what DAC stands for, Anybody know?)

Bleeder 2.jpg

I'm guessing these parts are just remnants of an EDIC system, but maybe not?!
Anybody have anything like this?
Or perhaps just suggestions!

I'm replacing the Pneumatic Governor Diaphragm in a couple days, it would be nice to either have this set up properly or just remove the unnecessary parts.

IMG_6478.JPG

What year? Definitely looks different from my 77 Costa Rican special. This is the only photo I can find at the moment but I will get some more eventually. My shut off cable comes down from the top. You can see if behind the red tape on the front side of the MC.
IMG_4307.jpg

Found a few in my thread that are much better. Top photo is after I modded the throttle bracket so it would clear the brake booster.
IMG_4357.JPG
IMG_4349.JPG

Quick question: where do you adjust the fuel on the pump? My 77 BJ40 with the same B engine smokes quite a bit when accelerate :rofl:. No smoke at start or idle. I'm thinking of turning down the fuel a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom