1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

axel codes

Discussion in '70-Series Tech' started by mreekster, Aug 17, 2006.

1. mreekster

mreekster

Media:
    Albums:
    where would I find the axel codes actually located on a bj74?

2. Francesco_from_Italy

Francesco_from_Italy

They are on the little plate near the engine, inside the hood; there are severale number and codes, but you will find one with a lettere, two numbers and one number (ex. K-08-5); the letter ndicates the siza (8,25", 8,5", 9,5"...), the two numbers stand for the gear ratio (05 is 3.70, 08 is 4,11 and so on...) and the last number indicates if the diff has the locker, th LSD or nothing.

But you will find more information here: http://www.birfield.com/modules.php?name=TLCFAQ&p=/~ramullen/FAQ/TEXT/09-01.html (without the pproblem of understanding my english...).

Francesco

3. roscoFJ73

roscoFJ73

Media:
    Albums:

Like Franceso says but yours being a JDMmodel (I think) will probably have open diffs and will read KO82;)

4. crushers

crushers post ho SILVER Star

JDM BJ74 models come with open, limited slip rear, lockers front and rear options...
    all are 4,11 gears

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">