Wanted Auxillary tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a used and reasonably priced confier style tank for my fj40. I would prefer a local pick up situation somewhere in the PNW area or northern california.

Where are you located? I may have a very old, slightly crusty (but still seals!) man a fre tank from '75 sitting in Sacramento.

I was going to clean and reuse it, but now since I'm paying a shop, I think my money is better spent on a new tank.

Let me know if your interested

GRM, I'm in Portland OR. But.... I have family in the Bay Area and come down often. I'm interested. Got any pictures? What would you be sending with it?

I Have These Related AUX OEM Toyota Install Assy Parts :

- FJ60 Fuel Door

- FJ62 fuel Door

- Late Model Toyota SUV Filler Neck & tube w/ flat surface 45 degree angle type surface mount flange

- 3 New Oem Toyota Phillips head filler neck mounting screws

- 1 new oem Toyota matching Venting late model Fuel cap / gas cap 77310

- 1 New Parker Brand Series 7219 EZ form section of Marine grade flex filler tube 12" inches long ,

- 2 New Oem toyota double band filler hose clamps / 10mm hex

all that is needed is the fuel cap / filler neck flange 45 degree cavity or small chamber behind where U cut hole for & mount 1 of the AUX fuel doors below

DSCN2811.JPG
DSCN2815.JPG
DSCN2816.JPG
DSCN2817.JPG

My guess is you have no interest in the price of my new 22 gal. nylon fuel cell (won't rust, tested stronger than steel), so my only advice is don't buy the tank that is bolted to the rear floor panel with two long bolts going through the tank. The tubes welded into these tanks (that the bolts go through) crack away from the tank, then leaker- - -you don't want this to happen out on the trail.

Downey,
I've seen that nylon fuel cell it looks awesome. I'd thought I'd throw a line out and see if I could pick anything up reasonable. I plan on doing a vortex 6.0 conversion and your new tank is high on my tank considerations. The other one is the the tank that sits under both sides of the front seat, they are equally expensive, but I don't like what I would have to give up to us that style of tank.

If you are going 6.0 and you do get my tank, then you should also use my "in-tank" fuel pump mounting kit for that motor..

I saw those pumps. How universal are they? I don't have the rear bumper/ frame supports in the back and was contemplating using an Jeep xj tank but I was worried about getting enough fuel to my engine. But those tanks are not any bigger than my under the seat tank. Can I stuff one of your pumps in there to make it useable? Lol in the end I'll probably just bite the bullet and do it right. I hate my conscience. Lmao

I Have These Related AUX OEM Toyota Install Assy Parts :

- FJ60 Fuel Door

- FJ62 fuel Door

- Late Model Toyota SUV Filler Neck & tube w/ flat surface 45 degree angle type surface mount flange

- 3 New Oem Toyota Phillips head filler neck mounting screws

- 1 new oem Toyota matching Venting late model Fuel cap / gas cap 77310

- 1 New Parker Brand Series 7219 EZ form section of Marine grade flex filler tube 12" inches long ,

- 2 New Oem toyota double band filler hose clamps / 10mm hex

all that is needed is the fuel cap / filler neck flange 45 degree cavity or small chamber behind where U cut hole for & mount 1 of the AUX fuel doors below

View attachment 1425750 View attachment 1425751 View attachment 1425752 View attachment 1425753
Thanks. I'll keep this in mind if I need them. I have to come up with a tank solution first.

there is only tank option :

Steel W/ baffles & the silver inside anti corrosion coating .......

any Poly FJ aux tank is is time bomb death trap in the wait , the simply can get punctured too easy by a piece of old live stock fence or a even a sharp stick or branch ...

i had to go that way , on pre-12/78 tub under rear bed

i found a old con-fer & had it RE-certified , cleaned and treated with-silver tank stuff by a company that does that for commercial vehicals & firer trucks etc

the silver interior coating is ethanol compliant / proof

its hard to say if a pioly tank would be ? the brand or maker would have to have a SAE code or # on it , all LEGIT and stuff , just like fuel line and smog hose SAE codes ...

my experience with plastic ...

any Poly FJ aux tank is is time bomb death trap in the wait , the simply can get punctured too easy by a piece of old live stock fence or a even a sharp stick or branch ...

i found a old con-fer & had it RE-certified , cleaned and treated with-silver tank stuff by a company that does that for commercial vehicals & firer trucks etc

its hard to say if a pioly tank would be ? the brand or maker would have to have a SAE code or # on it , all LEGIT and stuff , just like fuel line and smog hose SAE codes ...

Thanks good to know, as with most of us we're trying to pinch pennies and build our dream rigs.

Dead wrong, my nylon fuel cell has been laboratory tested, much stronger than steel, steel tank ripped during the puncture test, 1/4" thick nylon tank dented-in, then popped back out after test- - -plus we also have a full 1/4" thick aluminum skid plate available !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
NVUS, look at ebay #252797662512 and #262749910432. These are my tank and skid plate, but you do not have to buy on ebay, I can just send you a paypal invoice. I give Mud guys 10% off since I don't have to give ebay the 10%, plus I can go another 10% off if that will help you out, lemme know.

See my message above to NVUS.
NVUS, look at ebay #252797662512 and #262749910432. These are my tank and skid plate, but you do not have to buy on ebay, I can just send you a paypal invoice. I give Mud guys 10% off since I don't have to give ebay the 10%, plus I can go another 10% off if that will help you out, lemme know.
Thanks I will keep it in mind. I appreciate your help.

Downey - I sent you a PM. I have a Confer Aux Tank which I'm hoping to Refurb or purchase new tank in its place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom