Aux/Long Range Fuel tank designs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nothing wrong with steel, though I would look into availability of some sort of sealer for the inside of the tank. POR-15.com has some and there is a product out there called "Kreem" which I understand is popular in the motorcyclist world.

Guys thanks for the leads on tank sealers. I'll study up on them but I can almost guarentee that in this country I won't be able to get my hands on it without importing it. I am not going to go through the complete nightmare and outrageous expense that I went through trying to get some cans of Rust Bullet in here. I'll study up and see what kind of local equivalent they use, if any. I guess an extreme worst case would be if they made me some good tanks and I drove back to the U.S. and after the dust settled from my trip back, had a guy pull the tanks dry them out and seal them then. Probably a bit extreme but it's the plan B that comes up right off the top of my head. Is that crazy talk or does it sound reasonable.
John

Those products are intended to also fix problem tanks, like with a rusty one. Probably where they get used the most. So drying one out later doesn't seem extreme at all. Laborious maybe, but not extreme.

Diesel or gas '60's use the same tank. Only the suction fitting changes as some have a return and some don't. 90 liters is the specified capacity.

What about the pump in the tank?

I’M about to buy an petrol tank and fit it under my diesel cruiser...

Any concerns?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom