Auto trans and softer ride for my mini. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know it sounds like I'm all over the map here as far as what I plan to do....but that's kinda the reason I want everyone's input.
I appreciate all the good advice and am starting to get it together.
When the plan begins to match my funds a bit closer, I'll lay it all out more clearly.
Then the parts gathering will commenced.
I love new parts!

Being all over the map is part of the process!

True story. Every time I go out to the shop and sit in my pondering chair my plan varies.

John, how long are those rear springs you have? 63" I hope.

I could add a plate of steel for a "bed" floor to add some weight to the rear. That would have to help, and I do need to replace the rotting OSB temporary platform I currently have.

Last edited:
63"? Hell nah. They aint tard'ed. 56 stands out in my head.... 58? Hell I dunno, prolly the same spring all pro or trail-mart is selling now. I can measure tomorrow if you want. I'll have my tape measure out already.... IF ya know what I mean.

Dick...... I'll be measuring dick.

Oh I knew what ya meant.....if ya know what I mean.

I may still be able to use the leaves to soften my current pack. So no need to measure them. I ain't gonna cut off all my new mounts and s***....maybe.

Why you got a big "10" under your screen name?

Is it why I think it is?

I'll have my tape measure out already.... IF ya know what I mean.

Dick...... I'll be measuring dick.

Make sure you use the right procedure: from the middle of the butthole to just past the tip. 4" bitches!!

Hahaha.

Why does gumby have a lightning bolt? Cause all of our sweaty embraces are sexually charged?

That has got to be it!
Or is it because his personality is stormy?
Or is it because he flashes me often?
Is it because the pig is fast as greased lightning?
I think it's because he's shockingly huggable.

Sooooooooooo. All this talk about chromoly birfs and axles has me thinking, will my 27 spline Longs be sufficient if I go 37s?
I mean I'm still dreadfully underpowered with the 22re, so I think they should suffice, light as my truck is and all.
Your thoughts?
Also with 37s and 4.88 gears will I be sorry to have the 4.7 crawler gears as my only double low option?

Discuss...

Also if everyone can keep an eye out for wheel & tire sets out there.
I mean, I have my mind made up to get the beadlocks and rockers when I can afford them, but if a sweet ass deal arises in the meanwhile, I might be interested.

I'm my humble opinion, there's never too low. If you going to be auto, crawling slow as you can go is awesome. And not that I know anything about 27 spline dohickys, but I would venture to guessential theyll be fine. Run it until it breaks!

Sooooooooooo. All this talk about chromoly birfs and axles has me thinking, will my 27 spline Longs be sufficient if I go 37s?
I mean I'm still dreadfully underpowered with the 22re, so I think they should suffice, light as my truck is and all.
Your thoughts?
Also with 37s and 4.88 gears will I be sorry to have the 4.7 crawler gears as my only double low option?

Discuss...

In all honesty, 30 spline longs are overkill. They are damn near unbreakable, until fatigued at least. Do you have a full chromoly set, or stock inner shafts? If stock inners, carry spares. If chromoly, you shouldn't have any worries.

^ that

I don't understand your low gear question... but lower is good...

Full chromoly set..
My 4.7 question was basically; I'll have only regular low range and super low range....nothing in between will that be a problem when I need more than regular low and don't really need super low...but I guess that's why the transmission has more than 1 gear....never mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom