Atrac turned on on dry pavement? HELP! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MACKSDAD

SILVER Star
Threads
I was driving to lunch from work today and I stopped at a stop sign and when I started to take off the active track light lit up in green on my dash and I felt the passenger side wheel lock up.

I limped it into a pull off as the light intermittently came on and off along the way. It shut off once I pulled over and from there I turned the truck off. I turned it back on and kept driving and it hasn’t done it since then (drove it about 30 miles, took it through a few dirt roads and some dirt with no issues.) can anyone possibly tell me what might have caused this?

The wheel speed sensor seems fine and I checked the connection for it and doesn’t seem to be the issue. I recently installed a cv axle and sway bar ends (trail tailor) but that was about 1 week ago so I wouldn’t think it would just start having a issue.

Now that it stopped I think I’m going to just drive it with caution this week and if it doesn’t do it again, I’ll ignore it.😂

Any idea what it could be Mud boys? Help is greatly appreciated and if anyone else has experienced this drop a comment below. Thanks!

If you stretched the wheel speed sensor cable while changing the axle you may have damaged the cable without it being visibly damaged. That would be my first bet. I'd pull it and do a continuity check on the opposing pins while applying some light tension to the cable, or just replace the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom