For Sale Atlanta GA:1978 FJ43 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
tan
Offers Considered:
Tan 1978 FJ43 (78 based on bill of sale; VIN on frame and 2F motor). Would be sold with a Georgia bill of sale.
This is both a running/driving truck and a project at the same time.
This is also the perverbial lipstick on a pig FJ43 from Colombia and I will try to be as transparent as possible about it.

The good:
It looks pretty darn good as it sits; It runs and drives; clutch is good - no hopping etc.; I have driven about 100 miles in it - does not overheat; the interior was redone prior to import; the tub is a new 3/4 tub; engine and drivetrain appear to have been gone through prior to import - lots of shiny hardware showing. Basically it got a Colombian body off restoration (for better or worse). brakes work but could use adjusting in back. Has 16" stock wheels.
The bad:
The body work (shocker, i know)- particularly at the seam where the front clip was joined to the tub on the driver's side - bondo was cracking there when i bought it and i pulled out the bondo - it is solid metal underneath but it is inward by 1/2". Windshield frame and other spots show less than ideal workmanship up close.

The front clip appears to be pre-1970 based on the missing side vents - it also has marker light holes on the grill - also has a dealer tag instead of a VIN plate on the firewall.
4th synchro is bad - have to rpm-match to shift into 4
ball joints need replacing - slop in the steering
carb needs tuning
will need new springs and new tires
wiring under the dash does work, but was not done properly and would need to be corrected.

I am planning on restoring this truck, but have another project in front of it, so I am either going to store it or sell it.
It seems like this truck has 2 options (maybe they all do):
1-clean up some of the ugly bodywork and do minor work to make it a solid driver.
2-full resto - pull the tub off and weld on the proper front clip (I actually have another front clip and can include in the sale) and make it perfect.

If this sounds like something you would like, then let me know.
I would be happy to give additional photos or videos if needed.

I am open to offers, but do not have to sell.

IMG_20221103_133922390_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221103_134215446.jpg

IMG_20221103_134154282.jpg

IMG_20221103_134104282_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221103_134006759_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom