(ASK) all about 3 speed coulumn shifter early fj (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello...
I want to know history about fj with 3 speed coulumn shifter.
1 . Are this shifter only use in early fj40
2. Are fj40 with this coulumn shifter are limited
Thanks

IMG20170404105834.jpg

Good question... I was asking myself the same thing the other day. My 67 FJ45lv has column shift and I did notice the steering gearbox is different. Same goes for my 65 FJ40 parts truck’s steering gearbox with column shift. There’s a round clamp instead of the 4-bolt mounting pedestal.

Not limited in any way, except market. Used in the US market 61-72 (someone here will share the precise dates). Floor shift was available in other markets during the same period with both the three speed or four speed. There was an early version and a later more robust version of the column shift that I believe changed with the early/late three speed transmission. Steering box had a boss in the top of the casting to accept the shift rod.

What market is that picture from? There is something odd about the wheel / shifter match almost as if that has a 25 wheel on it (but not quite deep enough). And someone deleted the windshield vent for you.

never thought about column shift on a RHD.
where does the linkage connect to the transmission? does it move across to the left side of the trans? or does it have a different top plate so the linkage goes to the right side of the trans? it would seem with the front drive there isn't a lot of room for extra linkage on the right side.
just wondering.....

@cruiser nerd,The picture is 1964 fj40 from asia market.. In my country this type only use for special army .
@3puppies, i will take a photo soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom