ASFIR reviews plz (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Zooguy

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking at possibly getting these. I have a trip coming up in October that i want some skids for. But before I pull the trigger i want some feedback for those who have installed/used them.

I installed ASFIR skids about a year ago on my 2001 LX 470. The fit is good and with help only took a couple hours but could have been done faster.
I do mild off-roading (nothing extreme) and they protect well. Oil filter is still accessible from the drivers side wheel well.
I don’t have any complaints. Like the weight savings with aluminum and the price and availably was key for me.
CB65EC0E-AA50-431A-ACB8-F30F59A66874.jpeg
0A2F26D8-6B75-415A-B30D-E6532FAFEEF0.jpeg
756FE50A-CC69-4971-A8AB-EB9C2D51E4DC.jpeg

They're fine. That's about all I can really say about them. Not something I can really geek out over or complain much about for the price. Not too many options for aluminum skids right now so might as well go with them.

I think the general consensus is that they are a good quality product at a very fair price. They'll handle anything that the vast majority of us will throw at them. I think the one caveat is if you planning on rock crawling. They're not going to take the bashing that some of the heavier steel options will.

I have them installed on mine and they are awesome. Yet to hit them with anything hard like rocks but but no problem with vegetation, snow and tackled with no issues a piece of truck tire on the highway :) . The quality is great, easy install and fast shipping. Im about to purchase the one for the tank.

I installed ASFIR skids about a year ago on my 2001 LX 470. The fit is good and with help only took a couple hours but could have been done faster.
I do mild off-roading (nothing extreme) and they protect well. Oil filter is still accessible from the drivers side wheel well.
I don’t have any complaints. Like the weight savings with aluminum and the price and availably was key for me.
View attachment 3106454View attachment 3106455View attachment 3106456
Looks like a job for a Form-A-Funnel!

Does this product help prevent (at least make it harder) cat converter theft?

Would you be willing to share the approximate shipping time they're saying?
Hi! Happy to hear you're interested in our products :)

All of the plates are currently in stock and ready to be shipped.
You can order a Complete set (Front, Transmission, Transfer Case and Fuel Tank), 3 PCS set (Front, Transmission and Transfer Case) or separately.

For in-stock prodcts, shipping is usually 4-8 business days.

* Don't forget to use MUDDERS5 at checkout for an EXTRA 5% off!

If there's anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out and we'll do our best to help.

Reut @ ASFIR

Great skid plates. The aluminum isn't the cheap kind it's a pretty thick sheet and it came with new bolts. I got it within a week.

Try mudding5

I like the solid plate for deflecting water and mud. A pan with large holes in the front would become a "cheese grater" in my muddy environment.

1662649010767.png

1662649174353.png

1662649241131.png

I need it to function like the pan on an air boat.

1662649644433.png

Last edited:
Do you need to remove the engine skid to drain oil?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom