ARP head studs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SNLC

OCD
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.snlandcruisers.com
Wondering if anybody has part numbers for ARP head studs suited for the 1Hx family of engines?

I know they are available because Sam at Sparesbox in Australia has them on his 1HDT.

Just checking if anyone has the part numbers. If not I will be measuring and cross referencing to find some that work. Once I do I will post the info.

Cheers

Toyota uses the same 11mm head bolt on a crap ton of gasoline engines... just a shot, but I would start there and see what ARP offers for them.

Do you have a 1HZ broken down so we can determine what may work?

I have not had the chance to sit down and compare.

ARP can supply if I get them measurements, that being measurements for studs not bolts. I already have the bolt measurements.

Cheers

Stock bolts are 133mm under the head, so we know the stud will be more than that. Ideally we need to measure the thread depth in the block, compressed head gasket, and depth of the hole in the cylinder head, then add for washer and fully engaged nut. Something around 150mm will likely be in the neighborhood.

About 1.5 years ago I looked into this and contacted ARP USA. They had no knowledge of a kit, and iirc I sent them a link to the Australian ones. I was sent a form to fill out and send back with all the bolt measurements. They confirmed no kit and no studs that would work in North America and said something about a custom run which involved a specific number of studs. I ended up ordering from Australia. That's as best I can recall. I can't give any confirmed specifics as the HDD on the computer with the emails is giving the blue screen loop of death just now. If the HDD is salvageable and I can access the info (might be a bit) I'll update this post. Good luck with it. While the world is small, it would be nice to have these available in North America as well.

I think my correspondence started by filling out this contact form. The Official ARP Web Site | Contact Us - https://arp-bolts.com/p/contact.php

Cheers
gb

About 1.5 years ago I looked into this and contacted ARP USA. They had no knowledge of a kit, and iirc I sent them a link to the Australian ones. I was sent a form to fill out and send back with all the bolt measurements. They confirmed no kit and no studs that would work in North America and said something about a custom run which involved a specific number of studs. I ended up ordering from Australia. That's as best I can recall. I can't give any confirmed specifics as the HDD on the computer with the emails is giving the blue screen loop of death just now. If the HDD is salvageable and I can access the info (might be a bit) I'll update this post. Good luck with it. While the world is small, it would be nice to have these available in North America as well.

I think my correspondence started by filling out this contact form. The Official ARP Web Site | Contact Us - https://arp-bolts.com/p/contact.php

Cheers
gb

They sent me that form too. I am working up to setting the head down on the block with an old head gasket to get stud measurements.

Working through bore measurements first.

Cheers

Is the standard head studs dimensions the same? 1hz 1hd t from Noordemans diesel

1624936975457.png

1624937116605.png

@SNLC did you ever have any luck on this?

Still working on it but getting close.

I have specs on the ARP studs for both 1HDT and 1HDFT/FTE. Waiting to find out if these are proprietary to Australian companies or if ARP will sell them to us.

Should know soon.

Cheers

Well, bummer. ARP will not sell these to any of us in the USA it seems. They said they are a custom stud and not in their inventory.

So if anyone wants ARP head studs, we are all going to have to get them from Australia.

Cheers

Can you share the specs? Maybe we can find something close that will work?

Absolutely.

They are ARP 2000’s. They are 24mm on the bottom side and 25mm on the top for thread length.

For the 1HDT you need
x26 M11 at 158mm long

For a FT/FTE you need
x20 at 146mm long
x6 at 158mm long

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom