Armored LC auction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wonder who gets that ballistic mod.

I sure hope that has a reserve because it's awful low at the moment. Not sure if Cars and Bids is similar to BAT in regards to the bidding going nuts in the final hours, but I sure hope that's the case for the seller.

I sure hope that has a reserve because it's awful low at the moment. Not sure if Cars and Bids is similar to BAT in regards to the bidding going nuts in the final hours, but I sure hope that's the case for the seller.
Definitely gets lively at the end of auctions like BAT.

2 hours to go and it’s currently 38k.
Would be nice to know the weight, but the seller doesn’t know.

2 hours to go and it’s currently 38k.
Would be nice to know the weight, but the seller doesn’t know.

Seems like a major oversight on behalf of the seller imho. It would have been easy for them to take it to a scale or provide the contact info for the upfitter who did the uparmor package and get the added weight. I have to believe it's gonna go up another $10K+ in the final hour.

Reserve not met, bid to $43,500​

"Cars&Bids: Thank you for participating, everyone! Unfortunately, we weren’t quite able to close the gap on this Land Cruiser but we will be in contact with the high bidder via email, and the seller to make a deal!"

Seems like a major oversight on behalf of the seller imho. It would have been easy for them to take it to a scale or provide the contact info for the upfitter who did the uparmor package and get the added weight. I have to believe it's gonna go up another $10K+ in the final hour.
Agreed.

I really thought it was going to go up atleast 10k. Bid to 43.5 and didn’t sell.

So it did have a Reserve then, good for the seller.

Just windows? If that's so, then what's the point? A simple 5.56 is going to go straight through both door panels.
  • Modifications reported by the selling dealer include a Ballistic Technology Level B3 armor kit which features bulletproof windows, armored body panels, and steel plates around the battery and fuse box.

All that to say, no idea why someone in the USA would want this, so no surprise it didn’t sell.

never heard anyone say their cruiser wasn’t heavy enough off the showroom floor. And if you were someone with droves of cash and thought you needed the security, you are probably buying a new one.

• Modifications reported by the selling dealer include a Ballistic Technology Level B3 armor kit which features bulletproof windows, armored body panels, and steel plates around the battery and fuse box.
OK. Makes more sense.

In one of the pics though, it shows the driver window "rolled down" a little. Curious as to how the armored body panels would be put in below the glass, if the glass can be lowered into the door frame. Is the outer body panel armored? The interior does not look to be modified, so it can't be the interior panels.

Looks like standard door hinges too. The weight of the door should require better hinges if armored you would think.

All that to say, no idea why someone in the USA would want this, so no surprise it didn’t sell.

never heard anyone say their cruiser wasn’t heavy enough off the showroom floor. And if you were someone with droves of cash and thought you needed the security, you are probably buying a new one.
If you have a need and have droves of cash, you are getting something like a Rezvani, not this.

They are one of the most popular up armored vehicles around the world. Contractors, NGO's, SOF, foreign dignitaries, etc. they all use them. B3 is kind of low on the armor level and added weight. The glass is where most of the added weight is, not the panels in the doors, at least not at that level rating. The beauty of a vehicle like this is that you don't stand out except to the trained eye. It doesn't scream, I am armored, I have something or someone in here of value. And as we all know, these are some of the most over built chassis' on the market so it makes for not only a good platform to build from due to its ability to structurally handle added weight, but it is also extremely capable and reliable, especially in less than ideal parts of the world and scenarios.

They are one of the most popular up armored vehicles around the world. Contractors, NGO's, SOF, foreign dignitaries, etc. they all use them. B3 is kind of low on the armor level and added weight. The glass is where most of the added weight is, not the panels in the doors, at least not at that level rating. The beauty of a vehicle like this is that you don't stand out except to the trained eye. It doesn't scream, I am armored, I have something or someone in here of value. And as we all know, these are some of the most over built chassis' on the market so it makes for not only a good platform to build from due to its ability to structurally handle added weight, but it is also extremely capable and reliable, especially in less than ideal parts of the world and scenarios.
It's still a retrofit no matter how you slice it.

Money aside, I'll take a Rezvani or other dedicated vehicle over a retrofit any day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom