Armor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So im deployed (aircraft mechanic). Today i saw a bunch of armored up left hand drive 200 series loaded on my jet... I wanted to take pictures so badly to post on this site... But thats a HUGE NO-NO in my line of work. These 200's were armored. They had bulletproof door panels, and a steel partition w/ bullet proof glass on top that divided the 2nd row seat and the (uninstalled) third row seat/storage area...
So my question is--- the cruiser has been natos vehicle for a while... So back when they were still running the 100series... They must of installed these packages on them as well i presume... If so... It could be possible that these older replaced cruisers could find their way into the publics hands via drmo auction... Im curious if anyone has seen interior bullet-proof door armor or the rear cargo armored partition anywhere online or at auction?.
That would be pretty cool... I know its dead weight for our purposes... Bit the cool factor and the collectable factor could be appealing to some. The rear partition would be awsome for someone to possibly modify as well. (Paino-hinge the rear bulletproof window where it meets the steel and even possibly tack some metal drawer materials to the bottom metal portion and build the drawers to the rear tailgate)...

Sounds pretty cool. Would love to know all the modifications these had, since this probably included undercarriage armor and gas tank protection. Would be interesting to know about the tires also.

With the added weight easily exceeding a ton it is good they have the 5.7 l
powerplant.

I was trying to get a look at the undercarriages as well, but was in a pinch for time and when i actually had the opportunity the loadmasters were in the way chaining them down. Plane was broke for my job so i didnt have any poke around time.

If i run across any more that arent in a area where photos/cellphones are prohibited, ill post.
There still are 100series here on base... But they are no doubt the most clapped out delapitated examples ive ever seen. (No doubt the owners bought them for a bargain amd are running them into the ground without any maintenance whatsoever).
Mostly see a few 200's and one or two new 70series trucks (jealous of the owner or drivers of those)

One was posted on the Facebook page a while ago, it was a 80 series. Asking price was $22k if I remember right, the doors were super thick and the windows don't roll down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom