Are there air conditioning drains? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First long trip the GX since getting it a few weeks before COVID. 700 miles today With temps above 95 and very humid. The last hour 100 miles of the trip had the climate control on feet only and water started dripping onto my feet. Could it just be condensation or is there a drain that could be plugged.

Amazingly impressed with how well this truck soaks up the miles. After 12 hours in the truck very little fatigue and surprisingly good fuel economy. In between rush hour traffic in a few major cities i was able to average about 76 mph and am getting about 17mpg. Tomorrow will be about 1000 miles and across the rockies looking forward to seeing how the truck does.

it is clear from driving it today that this was a soccer mom car and has never been on a long trip. About 8 hours in it finally started to downshift quicker and sprint up the hills.

A/C drain is on the passenger side just behind the wheel well, pretty much in line with the door seam. Should see a hose almost poking through there.

Def sounds like your drain is backed up. Have you changed the cabin filter as well?

If you look up from below you can see it. You can access it easily behind the rear engine compartment guard in the passenger wheel well.

Yes changed air filter and water is running out of drain. Another 1000 miles yesterday and the problem did not repeat. See what happens today and tomorrow while exploring the rockies in 100 degree heat. With a thule on top and about 800-1000 lbs of household supplies the truck is averaging over 16mpg with the cruise set between 76 and 80 depending on speed limits. Also running e-load 265/70/17 and full steel rci skids. Very impressed over all. I dont pass a lot of gas stations but after so many hours of driving a break every 3 is a good idea anyway. Getting old cant drive for 15 hours straight any more.

Loosely related, but I'm always surprised at HOW MUCH condensate drains when using the AC. There is always a large puddle after parking the GX.

Day 4 of coast to coast puts me in las vegas after taking the back way through Colorado and then averaging 82 mph through Utah I am still at 16mpg average for 2300 miles. Realized the truck does not like running up 7-9% grades at over 80mph when the elevation is over 7000 feet. All in all just blown away at how good this does. As a flat lander this my first time with truck in the mountains cant wait to be able use this daily in this environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom