Are front ABS Sensors matched? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Broke a front ABS speed sensor doing my Birfs. :doh: The question is can I just replace the one? I found some used and would only replace the one if I don't need to replace the pair. Thanks.

I recently replaced one that was broken when I bought the 80 with a used one. Everything is ok a month later. I would do it.

When you get the replacement, measure the impedance (ohms) on the sensor for me... I'm trying to determine if one of mine is bad. I've measured 1254 ohms on it. I'm going to pull the other one and measure it if no one responds with the specs on these today. Was just trying to avoid the hassle... Thanks in advance! Good luck with replacing that one.

Also, got to do my birfs someday... '96 and I don't think they've been done... could be wrong. I've owned it for ~5 years.

Right and Left sensors are different aren't they?

I just took the right front one out last night... it didn't look specific to the side it is on. Looked symmetric to me. Not positive tho.

Right and Left sensors are different aren't they?

Actually all 4 sensors are same.

Differences:

Front 2 come as a matched set.

Rear 2 come as LH/RH and have different lengths to accommodate for hub variation differences.

FSM calls for you to measure the one you pull out and match accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom