ARB Rear bumper in (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's been a long wait but the rear bar, lhs jerry can, and rhs tire carrier are in.:) I went by the shop to see them and go over the install. They want to salvage the rear sensors if at all possible without detracting from look or exposing them to damage. Not much room below the swing arms though, so we'll have to wait until everything is installed. Unfortunately for me, installation will have to wait until I get back from vacation.:crybaby:

In the mean time let's hope sbly gets his installed so we can see his pics and hear his thoughts.

Don,

The 200 goes to IPOR (shop) on Monday for the rear bumper and a few more things, so we will see.

About the pics, I'm a member of one of Uncle Sugars frequent fliers programs so I won't be able to post any pics for awhile, but I will see if Cam from IPOR can.

Sbly

Can't wait!

ttiwwop.gif

Then go back to the shop and take some pics of the bumper to hold us over until the install. :hmm:
I'm really curious to see how they pulled this off.

some @@ss shots

Then go back to the shop and take some pics of the bumper to hold us over until the install. :hmm:
I'm really curious to see how they pulled this off.

Nothing's been done yet regarding sensors and bumper, only in discussion phase. All parts are still in box. They showed me an aftermarket sensor clip they are considering placing on the bottom lip of bumper. Needs to be shimmed a bit in order work but has potential. As long as its not exposed to breakage and does not detract from departure angles I'll do it, otherwise I'll just cap them.

I'll head over there on Monday and take some pics of the clip. I wish I could have the install begin next week but schedule does not permit.:bang:

Edit: here are some pics!
lbar.jpg
rbar.jpg
lcrear.jpg

Last edited:
my ARB rear bumper

Lots people talked about ARB rear bumper, haven't seen any pictures about.

Here is mine.
side b.jpg

Nice setup!:clap: Thanks for the pic.

Ooooooo, that's nice. Much better than that the pics ARB has. Speaking of pics, more!

Lots people talked about ARB rear bumper, haven't seen any pictures about.

Here is mine.

Is that the ARB model that is available without the tire carrier or jerries? I like it...

And are those the factory steps or sliders?

Last edited:
Is that the ARB model that is available without the tire carrier or jerries? I like it...

And are those the factory steps or sliders?

Yes, factory steps.

Model with carrier though detachable, still too much heavy and seldom to use. I take arb pump (CKMA12) & puncture repair kit which is much small, light and efficient.

ARB front Protection Rail (4415010) is raday but hesitate to install, as it's too much strong ( over 6cm dia.), over weight, wide.

Unlike LC80, this Rail is fixed to the chassis under the step, remain the factory step.

Last edited:
Yes, factory steps.

Model with carrier though detachable, still too much heavy and seldom to use. I take arb pump (CKMA12) & puncture repair kit which is much small, light and efficient.

ARB front Protection Rail (4415010) is raday but hesitate to install, as it's too much strong ( over 6cm dia.), over weight, wide.

Unlike LC80, this Rail is fixed to the chassis under the step, remain the factory step.

Where does the carrier attach? On the pics of the ARB I've seen it is integrated into the bumper, which yours is not.

It looks as if you do not have this model, so I'm interested to hear how this works.

Thanks for the pics!

Where does the carrier attach? On the pics of the ARB I've seen it is integrated into the bumper, which yours is not.

It looks as if you do not have this model, so I'm interested to hear how this works.

Thanks for the pics!

They are two different products.
without carrier: 5615020, (had to order madflap).
with carrier: 5615010,
for 5615010, you can order (left or right hand) tire carrier, can holder and cover (when carrier and holder is not attached).
you could also order things like camp light, antenna mount, hilift mount,reversing light etc attached to 5615010.

for detailed information:
http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/newProductAdvice/lc200_5615020_retail.pdf
and
http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/accessorizeYourRig/toyotaLandCruiser200.pdf

They are two different products.
without carrier: 5615020, (had to order madflap).
with carrier: 5615010,
for 5615010, you can order (left or right hand) tire carrier, can holder and cover (when carrier and holder is not attached).
you could also order things like camp light, antenna mount, hilift mount,reversing light etc attached to 5615010.

for detailed information:
http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/newProductAdvice/lc200_5615020_retail.pdf
and
http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/accessorizeYourRig/toyotaLandCruiser200.pdf

OK, I got it. I thought you were saying that you had the model WITH the carriers and I was confused. You have the 20 model without the carriers. That is what I think I may be going with as well.

I should compare the weights of the kaymar with the ARB. I like the clean look of the ARB without the extras.

How difficult was it to mount the sensors? Did they just drill the holes and pop them in? ARB states that they are not compatible, I'm just wondering now how well yours work.

OK, I got it. I thought you were saying that you had the model WITH the carriers and I was confused. You have the 20 model without the carriers. That is what I think I may be going with as well.

I should compare the weights of the kaymar with the ARB. I like the clean look of the ARB without the extras.

How difficult was it to mount the sensors? Did they just drill the holes and pop them in? ARB states that they are not compatible, I'm just wondering now how well yours work.

JB, I bet sensors are compatible with his bar as there looks to be more surface area, but I can't say for sure. On mine, the surface area is too small, plus angled down.

JB, I bet sensors are compatible with his bar as there looks to be more surface area, but I can't say for sure. On mine, the surface area is too small, plus angled down.

I'm trying to keep track of everyone's projects.....you have the kaymar, correct? Do you have it installed yet?

I'd be interested to see if the kaymar can fit the sensors. If not, I'm definitely going with the ARB since (obviously according to these pics) it can be done. I just wonder how well they work. If they are not angled correctly, there can be blindspots, or worse, it will always detect something there even when not.

I'm trying to keep track of everyone's projects.....you have the kaymar, correct? Do you have it installed yet?

I'd be interested to see if the kaymar can fit the sensors. If not, I'm definitely going with the ARB since (obviously according to these pics) it can be done. I just wonder how well they work. If they are not angled correctly, there can be blindspots, or worse, it will always detect something there even when not.

Nope, I'm going with ARB with tire and jerrycan. Mitch is supposed to install the Kaymar but have not heard how that has gone. Both the Kaymar and ARB rear bar look to have the space for them but I've not seen any posts either way.:confused:

I would like to see the arb also.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom