ARB Intensity - "knockoff" or "unbranded" versions. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg
Not so long ago was a guy in the 80 section with a pair of Aurora lights .. dunno if they are copy of ARB but looking exactly the same, owner said they were Aurora brand .. and they were black ( even better to me .. don't like the red ).

I would like to have a set .. just as probably many others can't justify 1500 bucks in lights ..

here

Aurora 7" Round Light LED - Set of 2 Driving Beam *OUT SHINES ARB INTENSITY* | eBay

I installed these recently (Aurora) and am highly impressed with the quality of build and light output. The daytime running light feature is a plus.

Last edited:
While my experience may be unique, when I tried the "lesser known" lights I had to deal with moisture behind the lens and individual bulb failures. I don't recall if they had any type of warranty or how difficult it would have been to get follow up service. I simply replaced them.

The ones you had issues with, were they replaced by the ones you note above? I've had good luck with Amazon and poor quality product replacement in the past, so if these end up as crap, I will send them back.

I really like the idea and the looks of the Intensity lights, but do not do anywhere near enough nighttime driving to justify the $700 per light, or even $800 for a pair of lights. When I get my hands on mine this week i will give my initial impressions and put some pictures up.

The ones you had issues with, were they replaced by the ones you note above? I've had good luck with Amazon and poor quality product replacement in the past, so if these end up as crap, I will send them back.

I really like the idea and the looks of the Intensity lights, but do not do anywhere near enough nighttime driving to justify the $700 per light, or even $800 for a pair of lights. When I get my hands on mine this week i will give my initial impressions and put some pictures up.
I have since replaced most of my exterior LED lights with Aurora's products but in the interest of full disclosure, Odd Iron Off Road which is based in my hometown distributes Aurora's products. The 7" Aurora's are second to none in my opinion and ran me approximately $600.00 for a set.

Last edited:
@1978HJ45 do you have a link to the units you bought?
Thanks

@1978HJ45 do you have a link to the units you bought?
Thanks
Light bar or driving lights? If you are referring to the Aurora driving lights they are available from "OddIronOffRoad.com under off road lighting. Their prices are VERY competitive.

Last edited:
I got my Niilight 9" LEDs in today. These things are huge. That is a 12" Engineers scale across the top for some size reference.

0111171140.jpg

They are just shy of 9" in diameter, but otherwise I have really had an opportunity to look them over. I will have to fabricate a tab for the 80 series ARB to mount them on the front of the mid-tube so they clear the top tube. Working late tonight so will give more details tomorrow.

Damn...If there was ever an ARB knockoff, those are them^^...lol

Damn...If there was ever an ARB knockoff, those are them^^...lol

100% so. I'm not sure, but would suspect that the ARB colored covers would snap right on the front. Probably made on a line running right next to the ARB ones, but these were only $150 to the door. Time will tell if I got 10% of the quality of the real deal for my 10% investment.

@jynx, are the mounting brackets carbon or stainless steel?
Thanks

@jynx, are the mounting brackets carbon or stainless steel?
Thanks

They appear to be stainless based on my initial observation. I will look them over more closely and will try to get some better pictures later today or tomorrow.

I got my Niilight 9" LEDs in today. These things are huge. That is a 12" Engineers scale across the top for some size reference.

View attachment 1380632

They are just shy of 9" in diameter, but otherwise I have really had an opportunity to look them over. I will have to fabricate a tab for the 80 series ARB to mount them on the front of the mid-tube so they clear the top tube. Working late tonight so will give more details tomorrow.

Any update?

I order some from eBay and should have them Thursday. Curious how they are performance wise.

View attachment 1380632

Do you have a link where you found these for 150? Everywhere I look I see the 225W pairs for 180-190

I was talking with one of our customers at work about Chinese knock offs, as they get a lot of stuff manufactured there.

He told me that if a knockoff looks close enough, it's probably the same exact stuff.

His example was a Yamaha motor bike. A factory owner gets a contract to make gas tanks, has another 1000 stamped at the same time. He sells them to a buddy. The next guy makes 1000 extra wheels, extra shocks, and so on. They all sell to one factory that puts it all together. Now you have a Yamaha bike, all the same parts, with no warranty, but at a fraction of the cost.

Not necessarily relevant, but food for thought when thinking about buying stuff from overseas. Id almost put money that those Niilights ate actually ARBs

Maybe I'm just extremely unlucky, but I have never been satisfied with nilight, fog up, just plan quit, chrome coating peels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom