Events/Trails April ROTM Kofa National Wildlife Refuge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds right without the map being in front of me. The icon left of the orange track is Palm Canyon road turn off on 95. My question is does the orange track go to through to 95. Where the orange track intersect with the blue track there is a sign "road closed 3 miles ahead". The road looks fun (big rocks, narrow, in a canyon/wash) but I did have the time and had no interest in finding a gate.
Hi Phil - based on the current KofA hunting map and my Garmin tracks Palm Canyon road only attaches to 95 and dead ends at the palm canyon itself, and a side road Queen Canyon Road also dead ends just north of Squaw Peak.

GPS tracks from one of my KofA Kamping trips:

From the intersection I noted above there is a crappy sign road closed in 3 miles. Ariel and topo show it as a 4wd road that "looks" to go through is why Im asking.

The roads/track in question is not in the group plan.

Last edited:
I think i am interested in going. Truck is ironed out for the most part and looking to see new sights.

i think the family and i will be in for the trip, camping friday and saturday nights.

anyone else bringing minions?

what time is everyone/anyone heading out on Friday?

i think the family and i will be in for the trip, camping friday and saturday nights.

anyone else bringing minions?

what time is everyone/anyone heading out on Friday?
I’m in the “maybe” category. Still waiting for final answer from work if I can make it. If I do go I was going just for Saturday night, bringing my oldest( 8 year old boy minion), and towing my Bivouac trailer. Should know by the end of this week

Where is camp Friday night? I am working all day in Tucson on Friday so if I head out Friday it will be late before I can get there. Don’t forget if you are going bring good binoculars or a spotting scope for a good chance to see big horn sheep

Where is camp Friday night? I am working all day in Tucson on Friday so if I head out Friday it will be late before I can get there. Don’t forget if you are going bring good binoculars or a spotting scope for a good chance to see big horn sheep

I will post the full weekends info soon.

I can tell you from 56st & Bell it 121.61 miles (2hrs) to gas then 15 miles of fast dirt (~30mins) to the 1st night camp site.

:p

First night camp site
Whos going to get the cabin

130 miles of dirt this past Sat/Sun and again I saw no other vehicles or people

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom