April 29th Run of the month Red Creek (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saddletramp

GOLD Star
Threads
I'm thinking we need a good old fashioned off-road trip. April 29th, Red Creek. I'm not planning a camp out and given the trail, lifts and tires will make the trip without too much hassle. We last ran this in December of 2014, it did result in a few bent running boards in the sluice at the beginning of the sluice. Be forewarned that while some stockers can make it, the likelihood of damage is high. A modified rig with good driving skill should have no problem.

Start early 0745 meeting at Pinacle Peak and Pima gas station on the southwest corner (Shell station 8711 E. Pinacle Peak road) access is off of Pinacle Peak.

Depart by 8AM, CB and Ham will be in use.

This is a long dusty trip out through Bloody Basin. The area we are going to is very scenic but can be busy and has had some traffic in the past in the creek. Anticipate getting home about dark and the weather could be warm so dress accordingly.

Last edited:
Also in!

Red creek. A classic for sure! Month end for me at work :(

We (@aztlctina and 3 of the four girls) are tentatively in. Will the 200 make it, or do I need to put a third row seat in my 100?

Yes it does because @aztlctina ruined the running boards at Sheeps Bridge.

Damn. The dates didn't work in our favor. Me and Cleo can't make this one. Next time

Weather is looking great for this run.

Meet up is at the Shell station 8711 E. Pinacle Peak road. There is a general store there and i may arrive early and have breakfast in the restaurant. We will be departing at 0800 sharp.

See you Saturday

I'm thinking we need a good old fashioned off-road trip. April 29th, Red Creek. I'm not planning a camp out and given the trail, lifts and tires will make the trip without too much hassle. We last ran this in December of 2014, it did result in a few bent running boards in the sluice at the beginning of the sluice. Be forewarned that while some stockers can make it, the likelihood of damage is high. A modified rig with good driving skill should have no problem.

Start early 0745 meeting at Pinacle Peak and Pima gas station on the southwest corner (Shell station 8711 E. Pinacle Peak road) access is off of Pinacle Peak.

This is a long dusty trip out through Bloody Basin. The area we are going to is very scenic but can and has had some traffic. Anticipate getting home about dark and the weather could be warm so dress accordingly.

Can this trip be done in a day ? I have a BBQ to do to in the evening.

This is a long dusty trip out through Bloody Basin. The area we are going to is very scenic but can and has had some traffic. Anticipate getting home about dark and the weather could be warm so dress accordingly.

I'm in for the run. But only as a day trip. Sounds like fun.

When the compressor shuts off I think that means the tank is full, but I am no expert. Please clarify if this is full or not. I ran each compressor till they kicked off before connecting them to the tire

I didn't add a tank to the ARB. I used the ARB Twin with no tank in my 40. I was so impressed I went and bought a 2nd ARB, this time the portable ARB kit with a 1 gal tank. Both setups are shown in the pictures

Post #6 repeats the original test results (Powertank, ARB Twin, Puma) and then provides the results for the separate ARB twin portable kit using the same basic conditions

Lol. It really was impressive how quickly and how many people flooded out of the surrounding buildings.

That red line looks awesome! I've been contemplating doing something similar on my white LC, I have the silver trim and wanted to paint it white and then put a color that would stand out. Crimson is always a top color choice for me :)

I'm in for the run. But only as a day trip. Sounds like fun.

I'm only planning a day trip, if people want to camp it is up to them. I plan to be home about dark

I'm only planning a day trip, if people want to camp it is up to them. I plan to be home about dark

What's going on here...

IMG_0768.PNG

I don't know, I was mainlining some chit and everything went crazy. Now that I'm back to normal I can see that multitasking isn't for everyone.

Back to our regularly scheduled program which is already in progress @Funner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom