Wanted Anywhere: 40 Series, original, mostly rust free, and preferably green. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
So the wife is entertaining the idea of me selling her 2014 JKUR for a 40 series. She loves the spring green color but any light green or light blue would probably work. My requirements are relatively simple: 1) rust free (mostly) and 2) stock (mostly). This will be a summer convertible for us so I'd prefer a stock rig versus a modified one. This will be my first 40 series and I can fix almost anything but I detest rust. So rough interiors are ok, crusty frames are not. Something with power steering would be nice as well. Or be able to be retrofitted.

I have a decent idea on what they are going for and I'm willing to pay a fair price. I'm thinking I should be able to find what we are looking for in the $15k to $30k range.

Any help in the process is appreciated.

Thanks

What's going on under the driver's door? Looks like some rust but hard to tell if it's coming from the inside out or not.

Otherwise, this checks all the boxes. Well, the "buy in" price is higher than we would like but it isn't unreasonable either. Let me see what the fun police has to say about it.

Thanks!!
Sorry, this one sold this morning. Good luck on the search.

I’ll be listing my 1971 FJ40, spring green. Only minor surface rust. Original F1 engine, runs well. Mostly original interior except different jump seats to fit a custom full roll bar. The suspension could use work—it’s a spring-over conversion that could be reverted back to original (would likely ride better). I’m located in Los Angeles. Happy to post more pics if you’d be interested—was going to list at $15K after doing some maintenance work, but price is negotiable if you’d rather have it as-is and do the work yourself. Let me know if you want more info—would love it to go to a home where she’d be appreciated.

5DBFF05D-316D-4471-A2E9-EE98A687DEE7.jpeg

A6A96A5F-9514-440B-A04B-89721354D197.jpeg

82623169-05AB-4FB4-8FFC-E9877457B7FB.jpeg

B6BE9851-744C-4269-BDF0-53845FF190D5.jpeg

84E39BBA-48F0-4BD9-AED9-0CC12F34DD12.jpeg

Is yours spring green or fashion green? Or another color altogether? Looks “not minty” enough for spring green. But if I was done with my 71 I’d be all over this.

Is yours spring green or fashion green? Or another color altogether? Looks “not minty” enough for spring green. But if I was done with my 71 I’d be all over this.
You know what? I stand corrected…for whatever reason, looking at the color cards to make a best guess for the name of the original color (what’s in the engine bay), the closest I could find was spring green—but looking at examples of Fashion Green on the vehicles themselves, I do think that’s what it is—and that was a ‘71 color (it looks too dark to be a match on the color sample cards). Thanks for pointing that out! Love the color—paint is faded exterior but interior looks closer to intended. I do believe it’s a repaint, though.

I do like the color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom