Anything Goes: The random bs thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I've been really itching for a new ('14-'16) 4Runner. Been on the fence for a while now.

Thought is:
1) Sell 80
2) Get wife a Runner
3) Commandeer the hunnerd
4) Get this dang 40 done

The 80 is a GREAT all around rig, but I should be putting that maintenance time and money into the 40. Could use the hunnerd as a tow rig.

I'm picking up what you're throwing down.

You and I are in the same boat with needing to finish these 40s. It ain't cheap to work on them though.

I've considered that Josh. The 100 is more practical for my lifestyle at this point tho.

I'm gonna give it till after the K2 ride then make a decision.

Mark, I understand completely. My 80 doesn't fit my lifestyle right now either--carting kids everywhere, (trying to) haul trailers, no creature comforts. It's expensive to operate and maintain. Private school tuition for the foreseeable future prevents me from getting something newer or getting a newer daily driver to let it rest. Also, my future self would be extremely angry with my present self for selling something with so many great memories. I've been down that road before. Finally, as soon as I sold it, I'd want another one. You're 80 is nice. I lust after it every time I see it.

My 2 cents. Good luck with your decision.

I sure do miss my 80...

Hey guys- just got the new bumper in- can anyone personally recommend a good self-etching primer? SEM or POR-15 are what I have been looking at...

I used Variprime self-etch primer under KBS chassis black on my axle housings and frame. Holds up great. A good quality epoxy primer is a good choice too. Have not used POR-15 in a long time, so I can't say how their new stuff is. Hope that helps!

Anyone wrenching or doing anything this weekend? Tired of looking at my junk. Thought I'd see if anyone needed help with theirs.

Anyone wrenching or doing anything this weekend? Tired of looking at my junk. Thought I'd see if anyone needed help with theirs.

maybe down for doing something....actually off today for a change. Hit me with a PM.

Last edited:
@Tireguy87 I'm thinking about maybe trying to do HITH in Colorado next year. You possibly interested?

I bet I could be talked into that. Should give me plenty of time to get my 100 built up a little more. Looks like a cool event if you're into #EAF stuff.

I bet I could be talked into that. Should give me plenty of time to get my 100 built up a little more. Looks like a cool event if you're into #EAF stuff.

Yeah, I think it would be pretty sweet. Gonna keep it on the radar.

Scored big yesterday in South Carolina.

IMG_5682.JPG

@Tireguy87

Reason #997 to own a Land Cruiser...the ability to get out of the way of an ambulance by driving over obstacles when the rest of traffic is stuck in the way on Cantrell... Well done Sir

Me either. I love hot stuff. Gonna have to try that soon.

That stuff is so good, but it IS HOT.. We use to have challenges with it. They also have a verde salsa that's pretty ballin' :D

Man, I miss Senor Tequilas

IMG_4312.JPG
Nice to have a truck again...even nicer to have a Toyota...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom