Anyone Running Interco's Irok ND tire? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Polar Bear

Is it supposed to sound like that?
Threads
Sitting here planning my build and researching tires (already tried Mud's search function) :deadhorse: and was wondering if anyone is rolling on the Interco Irok ND model.

IROK ND | Interco Tire

I'm looking at the Irok ND LT315/75R16 with an OME J-lift and maybe a spacer to level things out. ARB bumper, slee sliders, 10K winch, and swingout rear bumper in the plans as well.

Anyone running this rubber? I live in the northwest and wheel mostly in the mud, ruts, and tight trees. Winter forays into the deep white stuff on occasion. These tires will be dedicated for the trail, as the wifey drives the kiddo around on street tires.:princess:

I've heard good things about the original Irok in the deep snow and mud, but this is the Non Directional model and I wonder if it's any good.

The only Irok sizes that are close to fitting (without completely raping the fenders at full flex) are 36X13.50-16LT, and I suspect that would probably be too much.

Alternative to the Irok's is the LTB by Interco in a 35X12.50-16LT.

I have the directional Irok in bias ply flavor (37x14.50x17) and so far I love them! It did become apparent that beadlocks are needed... Even on a 17x8 wheel. :doh: Personally, I think that you would have an easier time finding the original Iroks in a size that sutes you a lot easier then the ND Iroks...

On another note, if you find yourself wheeling in OR, let me know!

My favorite Off-Road tire is the LTB. They just seem to pull through everything and shine everywhere...offroad of course. Great tire, and my next set of rubber (17/40r16 flavor).

So you'd have an IROK with somewhat less traction?

cant go wrong with any swamper in the mud ( minus the thornbird and STS). a friend of mind is running the 315 Trxus MT which seems to be a great all around tire, especially if the wifey will be driving it on the street. tire noise gets old IMHO

I like the IROK's and several of the guys I bench race with run them and love them, but I wasn't sure about the 37" size- what with a J lift in the plans.

<I have the directional Irok in bias ply flavor (37x14.50x17) and so far I love them! It did become apparent that beadlocks are needed... Even on a 17x8 wheel. :doh: Personally, I think that you would have an easier time finding the original Iroks in a size that sutes you a lot easier then the ND Iroks...>

I'm assuming you're running more lift than is provided by a J lift (it provides approx 4 inches from what I understand). The ND IROK was kind of a compromise and I'm leaning away from them now.

The chatter I'm hearing seems to be pretty positive about the LTB's on the different boards. Great in the mud, and it seems a fair number of people are siping them to provide better stability in the packed snow and rain. I have never siped a tire before, but then again the most aggressive thing I wheeled on my Tacoma was a BFG MT. Any swamper bias ply is probably a completely different animal- and that's without even talking about bead locks (can't run em on the road in WA- even to get to the trail :doh:).

Got to admit that my rig's gonna look pretty funny with all the armor, racks, and lift running around on a set of 285/75 Blizzak tires. The PO just put them on the month previous to selling it- SCORE! Perfect for the wife to drive on with winter approaching, appearances be damned. When they wear out I'll just get her a suitably sized AT to drive on.

Thanks for the input guys! I love Mud, this place is the best source for AllThingsCruiser:grinpimp:

Just wanted to bump this to the top to see if anyone had tried the Irok NDs yet.
The 37 x 12.50 x 16 looks about perfect for an 80.
:beer:

I like the IROK's and several of the guys I bench race with run them and love them, but I wasn't sure about the 37" size- what with a J lift in the plans.

I'm assuming you're running more lift than is provided by a J lift (it provides approx 4 inches from what I understand). The ND IROK was kind of a compromise and I'm leaning away from them now.

The chatter I'm hearing seems to be pretty positive about the LTB's on the different boards. Great in the mud, and it seems a fair number of people are siping them to provide better stability in the packed snow and rain. I have never siped a tire before, but then again the most aggressive thing I wheeled on my Tacoma was a BFG MT. Any swamper bias ply is probably a completely different animal- and that's without even talking about bead locks (can't run em on the road in WA- even to get to the trail :doh:).

Got to admit that my rig's gonna look pretty funny with all the armor, racks, and lift running around on a set of 285/75 Blizzak tires. The PO just put them on the month previous to selling it- SCORE! Perfect for the wife to drive on with winter approaching, appearances be damned. When they wear out I'll just get her a suitably sized AT to drive on.

Thanks for the input guys! I love Mud, this place is the best source for AllThingsCruiser:grinpimp:

I am not running any spacers. My lift is just the J springs. However, I did lower my rear bumpstops and trim up my front fenders. You wouldn't have to do that if you lowered the bumpstops in the front as well.

As for the beadlocks, they are legal in any state if you get DOT approved beadlocks. As for me, I just welded up a set of beadlocks and called it good. The chance of a cop realizing that my beadlocks are not street legal and caring enough to ticket me is pretty slim!

Just wanted to bump this to the top to see if anyone had tried the Irok NDs yet.
The 37 x 12.50 x 16 looks about perfect for an 80.

Could be good if you aren't getting enough traction from your Trxus - otherwise the perfect tire for the 80 is a 37x12.5x16 Trxus :D

Trxus traction has been fine. My issues with the Trxus has been their inability to hold air and stay balanced. The ND is also a lot less expensive. I need new tires and wheels. Every penny helps.

I'm gonna wake this thread up. I am going to order the 37x12.5r16 in few weeks. 330 a tire sounds good. Any more thoughts on these?

I'm gonna wake this thread up. I am going to order the 37x12.5r16 in few weeks. 330 a tire sounds good. Any more thoughts on these?

I would reach out to the Yankee Toys guys and see what they say. East coast wheeling is drastically different from what little I've seen in Utah. In the east, Swampers rule and the Swamper of choice is the TSL/SX. That also assumes you're willing to put up with the horrible on road handling. I trailer my tires so it's not an issue for me.
In any case, it's all a compromise.

I am not aware any yankee toys guys are running them or have run them but I will ask.

I didnt run the ND version but ran the radial 36 x 13.5 R17's for about 3 years. I never suffered a failure, flat or blown bead (@18psi). Measuring 36.9 and wrapped around a set of tundra alloys (17x7.5 and 5.5bs) they fit great on a Jlift. I was even able to keep my flares with it stuffed to the bumpstop and turned lock to lock.

They clean out well, but I felt the trxxus I had previously (35'') had a bit better bite on wet rocks.
Now I am running the KM2's and personally feel they stick better than either one of those interco models but they do pack with red clay or black mtn silt a bit easier.

I'm running the directional bias Iroks 36 x 13.5 x 17. (which are actually 36.8 dia). So far I love them. I run on a very wide variety of conditions (mud, snow, ice, rock, hardpack, swamp, sand, etc.) Did I miss any? The only disadvantage I've found so far, is that you will piss off your friends that don't have them.

Well for 330 I figured i might give them a try!

Well just for anyone else wanting to run these or searching for them I just got me a set of 37x12.5r16 so here are some pics and initial thoughts. They are bad ass looking just like the irok but with one lug going different direction. On the wheel but not on the truck they measure exactly 36" tall. All I have driven them is around town so far but are not overly rough or noisy. Tomorrow I will have done some highway mileage and off roading. I will post more then. $330 a tire for a 37x12.5R16 is not bad.

1st pic is irok nd on right, regular irok on left
DSC01139.jpg
DSC01137.jpg
DSC01126.jpg

So went wheeling today and they worked great in everything I ran them through. Mud, dirt, rock. Went down to 10psi and they were super flexy. On the highway they were surprisingly smooth and quite, held normal conversation whole time. No difference between these and my stock tires. Thumbs up so far.

Idk man, i had duratracs on also before and these arent even noticable to me, maybe im just use to noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom