Anyone running 235/85 16 BFG M/T's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, showing my ignorance of split rims and tubes. So now I think I understand that even if I get new rubber I have to keep the tubes in the new tires? Makes sense I believe because the splits would not hold air and the way he valve stem ties to the wheel.

..... So now I think I understand that even if I get new rubber I have to keep the tubes in the new tires? Makes sense I believe because the splits would not hold air and the way he valve stem ties to the wheel.

Yep.

And I think it is best to replace the tubes whenever you replace the tyres.

Personally, I go one step further and replace the tubes whenever they get punctured too. (Not that a puncture occurs often.)

:beer:

I decided to sell the 16" split rims and tires. Listed in tire and wheel classified. I'm going with the same set up on my other land cruiser. Great find for someone.

How did the tyre choices go for you? I am considering the KM2 or DuraTrac in 235/85/16 and have had the DuraTrac before, but not the KM2. I hear both good bad things about the KM2, but I have personally had the DuraTrac and have been awesome.

Everyone says KM2's rock...

Not yet, but I will be purchasing a set in the next month if that's any indication of my opinion... At least 4 in my local club have them and have nothing but good things to say about them

Ok, thanks for that. There are so many good tyres out these days that it's no longer easy to make a selection and with technology etc, a lot of the less aggressive tyres are out performung the more "cool chunkier" tyres. Example, the Pirelli Scorpion-AT came first for all-terrain tyre last year and tyre reaching furthest distance on dirt hillclimb. Odd thing is it was tested against the KM2, DynaPro, BFG-AT, Dunlop, Bridgestone etc. Sucks..!! LOL.

I have had the Hankook DynaPro as well and are an awesome tyre I would always buy time after time. The only thing I dislike about BFG is that they have a smaller tyre carcass than other tyres like GoodYear and when you are buying a skinny size like 235/85/16 which I will be, I would rather a GoodYear or DynaPro, even a Toyo OC-MT. That and all the balancing and delamination problems KM2 have been having lately due to drop in quality control makes you realise it's pretty much "hit or miss" when buying a set. We don't get the awesome replacement warranty out here that USA get. But I guess only time will tell and I'll have to give it a go to really know. Fingers crossed. I think about a month for me too.... that time again to sink a $1400 instantly..!! :-D

I just put some 235/85/16 BFG ATs on my FJ40 with 16x7 WV Smoothies. I am really digging them even with the E they seem to ride pretty nice. I love how they tuck right under the fenders. I would like to try some 255s as well but they charge a $60/ea premium on them and dont offer AT.

Here is a picture of the 235/85 L and 265/75 R for a size comparison.

20200214_123852.jpg

20200214_123844.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom