Anyone Have the Frontrunner Drawers Installed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just wanted to close the loop on this. I purchased the Front Runner Drawers, and installed them in my LC for about a month with the seats still in.
View attachment 1548989

I got tired of the "looming" feeling of dragging around a bunch of dead weight, so two nights ago i took the seats out and installed the trim/ deck completion kit, and the Alu-Cab Tilt slider. so far i love the setup.. going camping glamping this weekend to test everything out.
View attachment 1548984
View attachment 1548990
View attachment 1548992
so i just wanted to say thanks to @gaijin for all of the details about the FRO drawers, and @indycole for posting some of the first shots (that i could find, my click fu is weak) of the Alu-Cab tilt slider.
Wow, that is one versatile set-up. Very well done.

Just a quick question, I apologize if I missed the answer in the thread.
Set up : land cruiser 100 with frontrunner drawer system: I understand that there will be a gap between the end of the drawers and the middle row seats, the question is the following:
Is the height of the drawer system too tall to create a sleeping platform when the middle seats are folded? (non withstanding the gap that I understand needs to be filled in some way)
Thank you, hopefully I was clear enough
cheers

Additionally, it would seem that this slanted water tank would be a near perfect fit to hide ride in front of these drawers. Has anybody tried that? Does anyone know if it would work?
I looked into the water tank, and you filling it would be tough as you would need to drop a seat, then lift a jerry can and get the water in a tiny hole. If you spill, it’s tough to remove the now heavy water tank to clean. Then you need to have a breather hose secured somewhere higher.

Finally, there is no baffling, so if you haven’t been in a truck with a half filled large water tank, get ready for fun sloshing sounds that come with, every, single, bump.

I remember in a truck we had the same set up, and that had a loud diesel motor, and after a while, man you just don’t want to hear 50 pounds of water flying into the sides of a tank.

I think interior water tanks are a good idea, I just wish they had baffles or at least a design the limits sloshing. Like the foot well tank.

Good feedback! I have the tank and used it my 4runner. I just filled it with a hose. The noise was there but I didn’t notice any difference from my normal water cans. I’ve heard you can use golf wiffle balls.

FYI, Tek-Tanks in the UK makes tanks with baffles. They also do custom jobs for reasonable prices.

Just wanted to close the loop on this. I purchased the Front Runner Drawers, and installed them in my LC for about a month with the seats still in.
View attachment 1548989

I got tired of the "looming" feeling of dragging around a bunch of dead weight, so two nights ago i took the seats out and installed the trim/ deck completion kit, and the Alu-Cab Tilt slider. so far i love the setup.. going camping glamping this weekend to test everything out.
View attachment 1548984
View attachment 1548990
View attachment 1548992
so i just wanted to say thanks to @gaijin for all of the details about the FRO drawers, and @indycole for posting some of the first shots (that i could find, my click fu is weak) of the Alu-Cab tilt slider.
Ok, tilt-slide questions:
Do the frame mount nuts protrude low enough to interfere with the drawer dividers?
How did you possibly reach far enough into the drawer to fit the back nuts (assuming you followed directions)? Is there another way?
I may be having a brain cramp.

I just installed the FRO drawers, so far so good. Definitely need above-head hatch lighting!

I'm going to order the Alu-cab fridge slider and install as seen above...

@FALKOR8 is that the small or large slide? I don't have a fridge (yet) would be using a yeti65/canyon55. Did it come with mounting hardware, or did you hit the hardware store?

View attachment 1548989

View attachment 1548984
View attachment 1548990
View attachment 1548992
Quick question, when you installed the fridge slide, did you pop the wood top off or did you screw them in by reaching through the drawers? Trying to find the easiest way. Thanks!

They're Powerflare lights - worth a look: PowerFlare Corporation : Products

If you saw any of the video footage of the aftermath of the London Bridge attack earlier this year, all the unmarked police cars were using the blue Powerflares as emergency lights.

HTH

They really are top notch..
I have had the same lights for many years, and in their rotation-mode…wow. Incredibly visible at night like no other. Also just about indestructible. At the time, I bought what I suspect were the originals from the first major company and they were pricy… Lots of cheaper knock-offs now but the originals are insanely effective.

On one early occasion years ago I had police asking where I got them & wanted some. Pretty common now, I guess.

Just a quick question, I apologize if I missed the answer in the thread.
Set up : land cruiser 100 with frontrunner drawer system: I understand that there will be a gap between the end of the drawers and the middle row seats, what is the height of the drawer system too tall to create a sleeping platform when the middle seats are folded? (non withstanding the gap that I understand needs to be filled in some way)
Thank you, hopefully I was clear enough
cheers
I would like to know the above questions that seemed to have been missed…

I would like to know the above questions that seemed to have been missed…

I would suggest asking in the 100 Series forum - this is the 200 Series forum...

I know, man’s gotta dream right!

there just isn’t a lot of Frontrunner traffic unless your looking at their roof racks.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom