Anyone fitting 305/70/17 ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Markuson

SILVER Star
Threads
And yes... I looked through the wheel & Tire Tech section and found nearly nothing...

Curious whether the Toyo 305/70/17 AT2 is/was mounted on any of your rigs and if so, if there were any issues with fitment.

It's only a small bit wider than 285/75/17...which I know will fit...and basically the same height...

Anyone?

Last edited:
Curious about this too the 285s look skinny on the truck.
I ran 305-50-20s and they rubbed. Haven't done the maths co
Pare the overall diameter and the offset of the wheels matter greatly.

And yes... I looked through the wheel & Tire Tech section and found nearly nothing...

Curious whether the Toyo 305/70/17 AT2 is/was mounted on any of your rigs and if so, if there were any issues with fitment.

It's only a small bit wider than 285/75/17...which I know will fit...and basically the same height...

Anyone?
so many variables, my guess would be on stock wheels it would be all up on that UCA! depending on side tread, actual tire width, UCA's your running, actual tire height etc... Like Arich said, it's going to come down to wheel offset! I think the rock warriors have 10mm more offset than factory right? So take the 20mm, split it in half ya get 10mm on each side, in theory if you are running rock warriors it should be a wash?!?! But you've already done all of this math I'm sure, you're wanting to know if someone actually mounted these babies up to a rig or not!

so many variables, my guess would be on stock wheels it would be all up on that UCA! depending on side tread, actual tire width, UCA's your running, actual tire height etc... Like Arich said, it's going to come down to wheel offset! I think the rock warriors have 10mm more offset than factory right? So take the 20mm, split it in half ya get 10mm on each side, in theory if you are running rock warriors it should be a wash?!?! But you've already done all of this math I'm sure, you're wanting to know if someone actually mounted these babies up to a rig or not!

All true... and ya...I've been crunching numbers.

The biggest problem is that the tire specs are almost always WILDLY off compared to actual size on the vehicle. I'm looking to go bigger, but close to an actual 34"... By manufacturer specs, there are lots available. The frustration is...their 33.9 ends up more like 32.5 in reality.

My one complaint about RW wheels is the offset. Really wish they were more like a 20mm rather than 50. Stock is 60, so it does help some, but not a lot. Would love to get a wider stance...and not thrilled about other wheels. Might go ahead and buy a second wheel set and try it...then either keep two different tire types available, or sell one or the other.

If I get a second set, it will be 20mm...

Skate board it O.G. Style

Lol tried to google image an example and decided that my term must be a:
col·lo·qui·al·ism
kəˈlōkwēəˌlizəm/
noun
  1. a word or phrase that is not formal or literary, typically one used in ordinary or familiar conversation.

Lol tried to google image an example and decided that my term must be a:
col·lo·qui·al·ism
kəˈlōkwēəˌlizəm/
noun
  1. a word or phrase that is not formal or literary, typically one used in ordinary or familiar conversation.

Splain, Lucy!

I get it... Nice reference. Sorry Ricky. It's just not "lo-gi-cle" and there for a waste of band width....my bad. Lol

Last edited:
You wanna go to da MOON? One o deez days, Alice... One o deez days... POW! Right in da kissah!! BANG! ZOOOOM!

I'm running 285-70's on my RW's. Interested in what you come up with. I have another set of RW's - would like to try the 305's - Red Letter Generals. Bet that'd look trick.

image.png

image.jpeg

Right you are!

I've got 33x12.5 r17 which converted are a 318/64 r17 with 35mm spacers

20151025_154018.jpg

Width is good for me but I still want more sidewall.. I guess only a 35 looks proportionate on a 200

I've got 33x12.5 r17 which converted are a 318/64 r17 with 35mm spacers

View attachment 1238989

Width is good for me but I still want more sidewall.. I guess only a 35 looks proportionate on a 200

I'm curious about your spacers.

Have you suffered any effects of spacers on your bearings, etc?

I'm tempted to try a set from Slee.

Anyone have a strong argument against spacer use? ;)

I'm curious about your spacers.

Have you suffered any effects of spacers on your bearings, etc?

I'm tempted to try a set from Slee.

Anyone have a strong argument against spacer use? ;)

I haven't noticed any issues by running them, I went with the h&r as I knew I could trust their quality so far it's been on for 2.5yrs and 100,000kms

20130904_180244.jpg

They need to be re-torqued after initial installation, I think it was something like 250-500kms.

I haven't noticed any issues by running them, I went with the h&r as I knew I could trust their quality so far it's been on for 2.5yrs and 100,000kms

View attachment 1239322

They need to be re-torqued after initial installation, I think it was something like 250-500kms.

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear you've suffered no ill effects. I'm not familiar with that brand... Will have to Google...

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom